Roatan in one week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raina79

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! IŽ´m off to Roatan in one week, and am looking for accommodation recoŽ´s. IŽ´m travelling for 6 mos, so am on a budget, but for this week donŽ´t mind spending a bit more for a little comfort.... say $20 - 30 US a night? IŽ´m thinking the west end is where I want to be, as I am travelling alone and it seems like the best area to be to meet people, go out to eat, drink, etc.

What I want - clean rooms (either shared or private), nice people, and preferrably a common area to chill out in hammocks or something like that. This is always nice when your travelling solo. Is there any nicer places where I could possibly haggle down the price a bit? I havenŽ´t done much research, so donŽ´t even know if itŽ´s high or low season right now!?!

Also open to any recoŽ´s about dive shops, but am leaning towards Coconut Tree or Pura Vida.

Check with PJ at Coconut Tree.
If you take a course with them, I believe you can stay at their dorms.
If that fails, try Posada Arco Iris........just a short walk..(maybe 25 yards)...from Coconut Tree and right next to Woody's store.

If you're not set on Coconut Tree - although imo they're the best, try Chillies. But I think you have to dive with Native Sons to stay there. Chillies: Best Budget Hotel on Roatan Island - not that that's bad, I would've dove with them if we hadn't found CTD first.

The single cabins at CT are $40/nt. And their generator reliably turned on during the almost nightly power failures last spring. Ask Gay (P.J.'s wife) for anything, she pointed us to the the best local restaurants/hangouts etc. Other less expensive housing is at the bottom of the page here: Coconut Tree Divers - Hotels & Accommodations

I'm not sure the West End does high season/low season...

In addition to the above recommendations, all of which are good, you could try Posada Arcos Iris, which is $35 per night for a room with a private bath, and a 10% discount is given for 7 nights or more. No tax if you pay cash or travelers checks. You don't have to dive with Native Sons if you stay at Chillies, but its right there, and they have a very good reputation. You will be right across from the Sundowner, so you can sleep, dive and drink without walking more than a few steps.

Casa Del Sol, on the road out of West End (about a 2 minute walk) has a variety of nice rooms, us$25 Studio garden room, with patio, upto one bedroom apartments with kitchens, us$50 and higher. There is also a very new option, which is very attractive, I think it is called Caribbean Flores, it's right next door to Casa Del Sol, it has 3 separate bedrooms in a house, some with private bathroom. Communal tv/kitchen/dining area and they are in the process of building a beautiful apartment under the house. Could be finished by now. starting at us$25 a night. The dorm at Coconut Tree is only for people diving at the shop, it's clean, quiet and safe. us$5 a night. Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom