Roatan Shark Dive Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice job! :thumb: Looking forward to doing that dive in Sept

Tamas:
Nice, very nice.

What resort was that?

Waihuka Adventure Diving Center ....any resort can arrange for you to do the shark dive....CCV provides transportation to and from It is run by Sergio of Waihuka Adventure Diving Center a short cab ride away from CCV. CCV has a sign up sheet and you split the $25 cab ride between how many people go,it gets billed to your room. $75 per diver, $50 for DVD $15 for shirts, Sergio does an excellent briefing and then you get your gear together on the dock and they load in the boat and go.

Very nice video! It is a good operation. I enjoyed having the chance to get up and swim with them, not just sitting on the bottom. Also appreciated that they do not over feed them.

Great video, we will be leaving Feb 4th. We want to do the shark dive but are weary because of the feeding, but it doesn't look like they are giving them a lot.

I felt the same way but it is actually very well managed. the amount of food is tiny - I am amazed they keep coming back..... It really is good to be able to swim around with them. Best dive we did on Roatan.

On the other hand - the Roatan dolphin dive is way at the other end of the spectrum, a completely irritating and totally contrived circus act by captive dolphins let out for a swim and then taken back to their pen.

lemurs2:
Great video, we will be leaving Feb 4th. We want to do the shark dive but are weary because of the feeding, but it doesn't look like they are giving them a lot.

We stayed at Fantasy Island. Nice place. The monkeys at the resort are worth the trip. Diving in Roatan is a mixed bag in my opinion. Not alot of fish life. Really nice coral in the shallows. The walls were average. The shark dive was absolutely the best dive of the trip. If I went back I would definitely do it again. As said in a previous post, it is run by Waihuka. I think just about any resort will hook you up with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom