Rock Boots w/ fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DALAJS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently bought a DUI CLX450 with Rock Boots. I am waiting to order the boots because I was hoping somebody else could enlighten me with their experience. First of all, I have size 12 feet. Do I order size 12, or one size up? Also, does anybody use these with their XL Tusa Tri-Ex fins? Do they fit or am I going to have to buy new (bigger) fins? Thanks in advance for any knowledge.

I've found that Rock Boots at least one size over one's shoe size will be needed to provide enough room for cold water foot insulation, which, for me is usually two pairs of thick Merino wool socks for temps of 5 to 10 degrees C.

In colder water or longer dives, I use Rock Boots two sizes oversize to have more air around the feet, especially if I add more foot insulation. I lace my Rock Boots loosely, also.

Definitely get a fin pocket with enough room to avoid any pinch or tightness. Too tight a fin pocket can be very cold, as I found out on some winter dives! I got a larger fin soon after! :D

Dave C

I too have a size 12 foot. I have the Pinnacle EVO 2 drysuit and use DUI size 13 rock boots. They fit quite well in my Mares fins(i forget which ones they are) They also are very comfortable with my Fourth Element underwear as well.

I use OTB boots, but I agree: get one size larger than you normally wear. BTW, the insoles in the OTBs come right out, so you can create even more room.

BTW, on my recent trip to The Sea of Cortez, I wore these boots on my way there and they were dry the day after diving, so I wore them on the way home as well. I do use a different, softer insole when I walk long distances.

Back
Top Bottom