Rohnert Park, CA - Prospective Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkluffy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone. I have become very interested in scuba diving within the past month or so and will hopefully be getting my PADI cert within the next couple months. I am trying to learn everything I can about diving before I actually do it so that I will be better prepared for what I might experience. I also would like to learn a lot about the Northern California diving scene and hopefully meet some people to go diving with eventually. Also, I am interested in free diving if there are any free divers around.

Welcome to scuba and diving on the North Coast. Please join us North Coast Divers. We're an active local dive club that has neither dues, meetings nor officers. We DO have a website, Welcome to The North Coast Divers! and dive at least once a month. We have divers of all experience levels: tech, cave, instructors, divemasters, OW and newbies like you. It's a great way to get valuable dive experience and meet really cool people. Oh, yeah. We've got freedivers, too

Hope to see you on our website.

You can also PM me with any questions, such as where to get certified, etc.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Welcome to Scubaboard :)

Thank you, Peter. I've only been on one night so far and everyone is already eager to listen and to help. Really appreciate the sense of community on this site.

Well, I stopped by the diving store today and talked to someone there for about an hour and a half, and I have to say: I am way pumped about getting out in the ocean to dive. I am going to start with freediving. Hopefully I will be ready to get in the water sometime in October or early November. I tested my lung capacity as of now and I can hold my breath for about 80 seconds while remaining motionless. Definitely something I will work on. Anyway, again, thank you guys for being so accommodating, hope to meet a few of you in the water some day :)

Back
Top Bottom