Roll Call for all Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages:
I await your call. :D
June 9th and 10th at the winter boat ramp. If the weather and water are good. We should be able to make it, I will know a little closer to the time. If not there will be lots of other people there doing classes. I will be helping with the classes if I am there but I will try to make time to get in a dive with you guys. Pencil it in and I will keep you posted.

Wasn't sure whether this would happen until this week, but I am going to Myrtle Beach next week on a business conference and have signed up for dives on either end. On sunday the goldfinches and then on thursday the airplane. They look like real nice newbie dives. Going with scubaexpress - they had sent me a pm earlier this year when I though I might go, and were very nice on the phone. By some remarkable coincidence :)
my hotel is very close to their shop ...... I will post reports when I get back.

I guess for this trip I'll arm myself with a couple of genuine walmart underwater disposables, unless they have a cheap rental at the dive shop.

Also, may try to get to hyde's this weekend for a little tuneup - sure wish there was somewhere around here that wasn't cold and murky !

That's great John. I can't wait for your reports. Have fun mixing business with pleasure.

So John, what happened to those trip reports??

watercooled:
in marietta ohio. new to the sport. the hard part is finding guys to dive with.
Good to see you here. I dive the Marietta area fairly often. In the Ohior River but not for fun, for work. Recereationally I dive Mt. Storm and Summersville Lake. I have been to Portage Quarry once and it was a good time. I think they are having a big SCUBA thing there this weekend with some famous divers or something. Not sure, I don't remember exactly. Welcome to the Bottom Feeders forum.

Hey WV,

I posted before but they disappeared in the crash.

At Myrtle beach the first day was cancelled b/c of tropical storm. the second day I only got one dive in b/c of a bunch of newbie probs, like my weight belt breaking etc. We dove at 11/mile tugboat and the viz wasn't real good - 10-20 ft - but I got my first boat dive in. really enjoyed it.

Went to willow springs a couple of weeks ago with my son and some folks from here, but he couldn't clear below 20ft so we only did one dive, mostly shallow. I did get down to the caboose though. Really nice place but the viz was lousy

I have had a pretty nasty hearing loss in my right ear from noise exposure and I have been getting injections (ouch) in the ear so my diving is going to be ~not~ for a while. Hearing is getting a little better though.

Going to the beach in Del next week - maybe I can find a nitrox class or something to keep my hand in

cheers

John

Sonds great John, any pics to share?

Clear Blue and I went out to Summersville Lake yesterday. I was there to help finish some folks up with their Rescue Class, I pulled the easy duty and got to be the unresponsive victim.

Afterwards we did two dives from the winter boat ramp. One around the corner to the Thomas Patrick and the second we did a suface swim around the other side nearest the dam. I had never been in this area before and it was something different. Nothing super exciting.

All the dives I have made at SL and I still have never made it out to Battlefield Run to do that little dive. Maybe next time.

All in all a good day.

watercooled:
in marietta ohio. new to the sport. the hard part is finding guys to dive with.
Hey there,

I work right across the river in P-burg all day. There are several divers from the Marietta area, who I'm sure, would be happy to have you along. I know most of them go to the Parkersburg Dive shop "Scuba WV" for supplies and air fills and such.

I dive a lot in Sutton Lake, Gilboa quarry (in OH), and Summersville Lake. Keep on the board and jump in when the dives come up. Welcome to Scuba.

Back
Top Bottom