Rolling mesh backpack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Diver Kat:
I do not question we dropped the ball in giving you customer service. All I can do is to apologize and tell you that is not the way I want XS Scuba customers treated.

So, yes I'm serious. Give me a call. Let's discuss what would be the ideal bag for your needs. I'll build a sample and give it to you. The only stipulation is after some use you contact me with your evaluation. If I think the design will sell, I'll add it to the 2008 XS Scuba bag line.

I just don't you back in the XS Scuba Fan Club, I want you to be the president.

Diver Kat:
As it stands right now, what I was hoping to swtich the roller for was the Compact Deluxe Mesh Backpack (BG323) - it's a few inches shorter than the regular bag, and so far the shortest one I can find anywhere around. Do you think we can work this out???

Let me know, and maybe you can convert me back to the XS Scuba Fan Club ......

XS Scuba:
I just don't you back in the XS Scuba Fan Club, I want you to be the president.
Okay ... you got a laugh on that edit .... 1/2 the problem is a really want to be a fan - the quality of the original bag was never in question - just the functionality. I'm always willing to test stuff and give an honest opinion (actually I did exactly that when the rolling bag first came on the market - I still have the e-mail I sent you with my comments back then!) I'll think hard on the bag design and give you a call.

In the short term, can I possibly swap out the rolling BG327 for the BG323??? As the shortest bag I've found on the market, maybe this will be what I'm looking for (in a backpack bag) and I won't have to ask you to reinvent the wheel .... (okay - bad choice of words! :11: ) ... or maybe it will give me some additional insight to help with a design request .....:D

Hey Kat:
No problem, just send me an email (mike@xsscuba.com) or PM with your shipping address. I'll have a BG323 ship out today. Don't worry about the BG327.

Diver Kat:
In the short term, can I possibly swap out the rolling BG327 for the BG323??? As the shortest bag I've found on the market, maybe this will be what I'm looking for (in a backpack bag) and I won't have to ask you to reinvent the wheel .... (okay - bad choice of words! :11: ) ... or maybe it will give me some additional insight to help with a design request .....:D

XS Scuba:
Hey Kat:
No problem, just send me an email (mike@xsscuba.com) or PM with your shipping address. I'll have a BG323 ship out today. Don't worry about the BG327.

Mike - I just sent you an e-mail. I TREMENDOUSLY appreciate your trying to make this all good ..... I hope to apply for the Presidency of the Fan Club soon! :D :wink:

Hello Kathy:
I appreciate you allowing me to make this situation "right" with you. I shipped out a BG323 bag this afternoon. Let me know how it works out after your next trip. I had the guys toss in the box a handful of XS Scuba stickers. I want our new Fan Club President spreading the good word. My best wishes to you.

Diver Kat:
Mike - I just sent you an e-mail. I TREMENDOUSLY appreciate your trying to make this all good ..... I hope to apply for the Presidency of the Fan Club soon! :D :wink:

XS Scuba:
Hello Kathy:
I appreciate you allowing me to make this situation "right" with you. I shipped out a BG323 bag this afternoon. Let me know how it works out after your next trip. I had the guys toss in the box a handful of XS Scuba stickers. I want our new Fan Club President spreading the good word. My best wishes to you.

Thanks a ton Mike ..... it will get the 'Cozumel' workout, and I'll report back when I return!!:D

Okay ... I'm a bit slow in reporting, as I came back to some major construction on my house, but I'm finally caught up, and here's what I think of the XS Scuba BG323 Compact Deluxe Mesh Backpack bag .... so far....

The size is great - big enough for my gear, but not huge. (My Apollo bio-fins fit, and their pretty long.) Straps are soft & comfortable, and the construction appears sturdy. Of course it's only made 1 trip, and the bad news (for me) is that I really didn't get to carry it on my back and see how it did, as the boat pick-up was maybe a 100 feet from our hotel door. Our next trip is in about a month, and as we're doing the Keys & Miami, it should get a better workout. I really want to see where it falls on my back wet, in hopes that it is short enough to not whack my legs .... and speaking of wet ....

The only drawbacks I've noticed so far - there wasn't a drainage grommet in the bottom to help the water drain when upright or on your back. Since most bags sag with the gear load and the water collects in the bottom, it's nice to have a way for it to drain out. Also - the heavy-duty handle is on the side, not the top like most bags. (There is a light style handle at the top.) We normally use the top handle for handing off onto a boat, but maybe I just need to rethink it, and see how the side handle does ...

So I'll shoot for a second review - after Florida!!

Hey Kat:
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate it. Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm looking forward to your second review.

Our philosophy is to not include a drain in the center of the bottom of the bag. What we have seen is the water ends up draining out on your fanny as your carrying the wet gear back to the dive locker or your room. You'll find that all the XS Scuba bags of this style we have a waterproof material on the divers back and bottom of the bag to help keep you dry after the dive. These bags are mostly mesh, so it's easy to drain off any water by just tilting the bag sideways prior to putting on you back.

Diver Kat:
Okay ... I'm a bit slow in reporting, as I came back to some major construction on my house, but I'm finally caught up, and here's what I think of the XS Scuba BG323 Compact Deluxe Mesh Backpack bag .... so far....

The size is great - big enough for my gear, but not huge. (My Apollo bio-fins fit, and their pretty long.) Straps are soft & comfortable, and the construction appears sturdy. Of course it's only made 1 trip, and the bad news (for me) is that I really didn't get to carry it on my back and see how it did, as the boat pick-up was maybe a 100 feet from our hotel door. Our next trip is in about a month, and as we're doing the Keys & Miami, it should get a better workout. I really want to see where it falls on my back wet, in hopes that it is short enough to not whack my legs .... and speaking of wet ....

The only drawbacks I've noticed so far - there wasn't a drainage grommet in the bottom to help the water drain when upright or on your back. Since most bags sag with the gear load and the water collects in the bottom, it's nice to have a way for it to drain out. Also - the heavy-duty handle is on the side, not the top like most bags. (There is a light style handle at the top.) We normally use the top handle for handing off onto a boat, but maybe I just need to rethink it, and see how the side handle does ...

So I'll shoot for a second review - after Florida!!

XS Scuba:
Hey Kat:
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate it. Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm looking forward to your second review.

Our philosophy is to not include a drain in the center of the bottom of the bag. What we have seen is the water ends up draining out on your fanny as your carrying the wet gear back to the dive locker or your room. You'll find that all the XS Scuba bags of this style we have a waterproof material on the divers back and bottom of the bag to help keep you dry after the dive. These bags are mostly mesh, so it's easy to drain off any water by just tilting the bag sideways prior to putting on you back.
Thanks for the info ... all the previous bags I've used were too long, so the drainage grommet just dripped on my legs - if it hit me at all. With a bag actually sitting on or above the bum, your reason for no grommet makes sense!

On a side note, I haven't forgotten the 'perfect' rolling bag deal.... I'm still mulling over the whole idea. I did see a few of the rolling duffles on this last trip, and I can see why people like them. I always disliked duffles as they are way too big (for me) but maybe a smaller rolling duffle with some of the backpack features (like the dry pocket) is the way to go for us girls (or short people!!) ...just typing off the top of my head here ...:D

I have the XS mesh duffel bag on wheels so I can't comment on the backpack. But after witnessing a couple of friends use the mesh duffel last year and rave about it I bought one and used it in Coz last week. The only negative comment I have about the bag is why didn't I get it sooner!! For the most part when I had to lift it it wasn't much different than lifting my mesh duffel. But if you really want a backpack...I hope you find one that works for you. We all have our personal likes and dislikes and we should do what works for us.

Back
Top Bottom