Rosie O'Donnell the Shark murderer. And Mark the Shark charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, I'm not sure why you so vehemently defend this guy. His ads are objectionable. He may either have a major impact on the population, or is a liar (depending which figures you want to believe). He has been convicted of illegally catching protected sharks (although that was years back- but does speak to his character).

I get that you do not want sport fishing to be overly regulated. I agree that most sport fishers do not have a huge negative impact on the environment. But you have to admit his philosophy, his promotion and marketing are doing nothing to help an already critical situation. And the attitude that it's only a small part of the problem so should be ignored is very short sighted.

Mike, I'm not sure why you so vehemently defend this guy. His ads are objectionable. He may either have a major impact on the population, or is a liar (depending which figures you want to believe). He has been convicted of illegally catching protected sharks (although that was years back- but does speak to his character).

I get that you do not want sport fishing to be overly regulated. I agree that most sport fishers do not have a huge negative impact on the environment. But you have to admit his philosophy, his promotion and marketing are doing nothing to help an already critical situation. And the attitude that it's only a small part of the problem so should be ignored is very short sighted.
Thank you. As I was composing my thoughts you posted. I could not have said it better.

I don't agree with much of this

"Mark the shark" should be charged with a crime. look at his website Miami Charter Fishing | Fort Lauderdale Charter Fishing | Miami Beach Fishing Charter Boat | Deep Sea Fishing | Sportfishing and you will see the senseless killings of hundreds of rare sharks. What a jerk.

Rosie O'Donnell went on a charter and murdered a great hammerhead with this guy. Now she is defending her cause. OF course these type of people are the ones that move to florida to pillage the ecosystems while promoting being eco friendly. Please leave feedback and send some hatemail to mark@marktheshark.com and www.twitter.com/rosie

This however :

I can agree with alot of what you said.

Allison, you get a lot of stuff confused in your head

Mark goes outside the protected waters to do much of his joy killing. So, Fla regs are circumvented.

So what? You're either following the rules or you aren't. You just absolutely don't care if they are followed or not, you just have your own agenda that the right way is no shark should be killed no matter if it's done legally or not. You're welcome to your opinion.

By your own site you show great hammerheads are a prohibited species.....yet here we are, starting a thread about the killing of a magnificent GREAT HAMMERHEAD. Yup, good protection.

Sorry you're forced to live in a world where you can't force your opinion upon everyone else and fellow citizens of the country disagree with you and have made laws that don't fit with your personal opinions.

Really? You're going to make your second post (presumably, possibly your first post) to scubaboard as a "hate post"? While I personally wouldn't go shark fishing, is there something wrong with fishing with rod and reel for sharks on a "one off" basis?

This guy isn't running some trawler that nets hundreds or thousands of fish at a time, he's running a charter fishing boat. I wouldn't exactly call what he's doing ruining the ecosystem.

Other than shark fishing, what's your issue with this particular charter?

I think you're misinterpreting things. This isn't a hate post. It's a love post. The love is just directed at beautiful beasts that are as graceful as they are nobel and deserve to live instead of being directed at some jackass named Mark or some cretin named Rosie. Sharks are facing a holocaust and it needs to be stopped. Someone shaming Hitler for murdering Jews wouldn't be considered a hater, even if they hated Hitler, would they?

You've gotta realize, sharks are people too.

I think you're misinterpreting things. This isn't a hate post. It's a love post. The love is just directed at beautiful beasts that are as graceful as they are nobel and deserve to live instead of being directed at some jackass named Mark or some cretin named Rosie. Sharks are facing a holocaust and it needs to be stopped. Someone shaming Hitler for murdering Jews wouldn't be considered a hater, even if they hated Hitler, would they?

You've gotta realize, sharks are people too.

Goodwin.

clapping1.gif

103 posts might be a record, however you have to handicap it because of the PETA 'ish nature of the posters.

NAZI_UBOAT_KILLING_SHARK.jpg

And therein lies your problem Mike- you want to paint us all with this broad brush and ignore the message because of your perspective of the messengers.

PETA........Really?

If you were to ask me, I could tell you I have nothing but antipathy for PETA. They blindly follow rhetoric that I will never support.

To have paid close attention to studies that show how shark killing is having real and detrimental effects on the marine environment is not looking for rainbows and butterflies.

Living in NC where the bay scallop industry has been destroyed by the shortage of sharks, I can see, first hand, the long term effects.

Why you seem not to care about how this impacts our diving, or your decision to just stick your head in the sand has me saddened and somewhat baffled. A little reading and education on your part might go a long way.

But, I suspect you are satisfied not caring.

Back
Top Bottom