Rosie O'Donnell the Shark murderer. And Mark the Shark charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Mark the shark" should be charged with a crime. look at his website Miami Charter Fishing | Fort Lauderdale Charter Fishing | Miami Beach Fishing Charter Boat | Deep Sea Fishing | Sportfishing and you will see the senseless killings of hundreds of rare sharks. What a jerk.

Rosie O'Donnell went on a charter and murdered a great hammerhead with this guy. Now she is defending her cause. OF course these type of people are the ones that move to florida to pillage the ecosystems while promoting being eco friendly. Please leave feedback and send some hatemail to mark@marktheshark.com and www.twitter.com/rosie
View attachment 112889

OH MY GOD! SHE MURDERED A SHARK!!!!

I didn't get to murder a deer this year but I did murder quite a few lobsters. Every time I see a hogfish, I don't have my spear to murder him.

Very true on the fair fight side. But I say reel fishing is more one sided than say spearfishing or hunting bear or boar.

As for decimating the population, I believe it takes away from future populations. I'm a believer that taking the largest mature fish rather than the juvenilles hurts the population more. Because most fish take a long time to mature, so you hurt the long term population more if you only take the mature ones and you leave the juvenilles who still have yet to mature, still have to survive bycatch and predators, and then still have to successfully reproduce once they come of age. You're talking about years before the latter is even possible when you're discussing sharks.
I agree, reel fishing isn't in the same league as spearfishing or hunting boar on foot. As for population decimation, you've made an excellent point, and one I hadn't really thought about with respect to sharks, to be honest.

I have to agree with merxlin's assessment of the website as well. I find it personally repulsive, and irresponsible. That said, I take issue with people posting the way the OP did, without further discussion of their reasons and motivations.

What does this thread have to do with "Basic SCUBA Discussions? Shouldn't it be moved to "Whine and Cheese" or the Pub? Just asking.

Lets clear a few things up here. I don't have any affilliation or prior grudges against this charter business. I openly support RESPONSIBLE charter outfits and have worked for a couple in the past. But the senseless killings of an important marine species...cmon you cant say you support that and if you do thats just ignorant. My problem is people coming to Florida and pillaging the waters along with the ENABLERS like Capt. Mark the Shark. Also, Ive only posted here a few times but I will respect the ebb and flow of this site. I wasnt starting a flame topic.

Supposed I had posted this topic as "Mark the Shark and Rosie O'Donnell have the right idea but killing sharks" and I supported thier actions. Would you praise me then? Suppose I made a topic about genocide and hated on that, would you have a problem then? Hopefully not. Your logic doesnt add up here. Just because I posted about a ATROCITY in my home state of Florida (Which NONE of you reside in). Why does it matter how I presented this post? Would that have affected the fact that hundreds of top marine species are being wiped out by one selfish guide and his gloating customers? Any responsible charter captain would not kill sharks senselessly.

And as far as the eating/donating thing goes... Sharks do not taste that good. This is a matter of opinion but really? They are FULL of mercury as are any top-tier predator and will cause cancer if you eat them. Another reason shark killing is pointless except for greed. And yes the commercial/by catch guys are doing more harm but people are getting shark fins in the States. They are doing it in south america. I urge you to watch this about shark finning (its not propoganda its Gordon Ramsays documentary) Gordon Ramsay eats Shark Fin Soup for the first time! - YouTube

Completely agree with the top-tier marine species comment. Mark the Shark obviously doesnt care, and either does Rosie but shes not too bright to begin with. I think it takes a special kind of person to throw environmental sustainabilty out the window for thier own entertainment.

As far as the "Murder" part goes...Yes I believe it is murder when you kill a marine species like a shark, dolphin, manatee. Hogfish and lobster is a different story. If you want to murder sharks you might as well take a 10 ton plow anchor, attach it to a cruiseship and run right over all the reef systems.

Cheers.

If you can't or are not willing to eat it, you should not take it. Doing this is just senseless slaughter. You will have a hard time convincing anyone that this shark ended up on dinner tables.

Hi can't stand Rosie O'donald, I mean, I really can't stand here at all.

However, I dislike somebody more who tries to create a hysterical sensation over nothing in regard to animals. This is the crap that PETA pulls all the time. I just saw how they are filing a lawsuit against some county because they won't let them put up some memorial over some cows that got killed on the road. :shakehead: They really need a good beating or two to straighten them out.

As much as I don't like her, I could careless that she killed a shark.

Are they catching sharks listed as endangered species? If no then why is this even being posted?

Sport fishing is such a miniscule issue in regard to their take out of the ocean. One crab boat or one shrimp boat kills more species in one outing as by-catch then a sport fishing boat is going to kill in a lifetime.

Until Mark the shark is killing endangered species or fining sharks, I say good job my man, carry on., looks like a blast.

They are endangered bud. I suppose If i praised Rosie and Mark you wouldnt have commented at all. Must be nice not having to worry about your tourism industry drying up out there in Colorado. Thanks for the 2

I've seen this Mark the "Bilge-snot" Quartiano sticking his nose in cameras before. It is my opinion that he needs to be the victim of a violent accident with a train or other such vehicle. His shark fishing operation is a shock show designed to use the media attention from us eco-freaks as free advertising. It works. The addition of Rosie O'Donnell's talent-less fame is only another media stunt.

As for the effect of recreational fishing on fish stocks, it probably adds about 14% to the total international catch, meaning it has a strong effect on the total number of fish taken every year (http://www2.hull.ac.uk/discover/pdf/Cooke04.pdf). One example of how it can affect an area is the giant trevally population on Oahu. "GTs" have never been commercially hunted in Hawaii but remains a prized game fish, yet this once abundant predator is now pushed into tiny pockets on the reef. Its historic abundance can be seen today anywhere in Hawaii where recreational fishers cannot reach. The saying "Oahu still gets fish" is a sad local tribute trumpeted by a select few who know where these dwindling pockets are and continue to exploit them.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Shark forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom