Rosie O'Donnell the Shark murderer. And Mark the Shark charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are endangered bud.

Well then turn him in. Why are you wasting your time posting this here. If you're as concerned as say you are, inform fish and game in Florida and get him! Put a stop to his illegal business and be a hero.

Scubaadventures you will not like my post as well. Lets get a few things out of the way. I don't live in FL. and I don't like Rosie. But since you live in FL. tell us is fishing for sharks illegal in FL. waters? Keep your personal feelings that we all know about this issue out of it. If it is illegal fix it by contacting the proper authority. If it is legal is it any different than people spearfishing? I am sure the operation is not breaking the law since they are posting pictures on their website. I don't know how I feel about this honestly. I don't like them killing animals but I do hunt and fish, and I always eat what I kill.

Last edited:
Wow it seems like lots of people get emotional about this topic on both sides. Let's be reasonable... If you fish or hunt and eat what you kill, no problem...we are apex predators and that's what we do. If you kill things like lions, elephants, cougars, bear, shark, or other large animals just because you can you are an ass and I'd just as soon you be eaten by the large animal you are trying to kill. It's not like it's even challenging to kill these animals anymore...maybe 300 years ago you'd of had a challenge.

Good Lord I went to their website and it gives a clear warning for people who may be faint of heart or small children or PETA people. If anyone does not like it don't look at their site. If I see something on TV I don't like I don't watch it.

If the OP is whom I think it is, you are way off base.

ScubAventures: I have nothing against you or your post history, I have just found that many people who start off with posts like this one have a different grudge. My experience in the past may or may not be accurate for this thread, but it's what I have to go on. I don't know what other accounts you've used in the past but I also find that's a convenient way for people to spew their opinions without regard for the consequences, so unless you're willing to list your previous accounts you've posted under, you'll have to forgive me for not giving you the benefit of the doubt.

As for Rosie Odonnell, I don't give one rat's tail about her one way or the other. I also don't care whether or not you like her or what Donald Trump has to say about her.

My concern is the unsolicited and apparently unnecessarily hateful way you started this thread to attack someone else's livelihood which you apparently disagree with on the basis of politics. I find it incredibly distasteful and think good forums like scubaboard, which are so hard to find these days, are better served not having such posts. If you posted the same post with a different attitude, my response would have been different. Tomato, Tomahto, I guess.

As I said, I wouldn't go shark fishing but this guy really isn't decimating the population, even if it is just for sport rather than food. G1138, I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the likelihood of people preparing the sharks for consumption. Every sport fisherman I've ever met either donates the meat or eats it themselves. Granted, that's probably 100 different people in a group of thousands but it's a reasonable enough sample that I have to disagree with your assessment of motivations.

As for safety, I never said it was a "fair fight", just that charter fishing vessels simply aren't impacting the populations the way commercial fishing vessels do. Very rarely will you find any hunting type of sport where the hunter has any real chance of injury from the hunted... These guys aren't out there with nets grabbing sharks and finning them, just to leave the rest. Whether you agree with trophy/sport fishing or not, this simply isn't on the same par with the "ruining ecosystems" type of activity that commercial fleets engage in every day.

I still believe there's more motivation to this post than a dislike for "shark killing", either a hate for the captain or for Rosie Odonnell that goes beyond normal distaste for someone's chosen profession/hobby.

Well then turn him in. Why are you wasting your time posting this here. If you're as concerned as say you are, inform fish and game in Florida and get him! Put a stop to his illegal business and be a hero.

Aw crap. I just checked into it and it looks like you have no legs to stand on, nothing illegal about what he is doing, so not sure where you're getting your information from.

Now all you have is your personal outrage to stand on.

Since we are back to he is doing nothing wrong. More power to Mark the Shark, rock on!

OH MY GOD! SHE MURDERED A SHARK!!!!

I didn't get to murder a deer this year but I did murder quite a few lobsters. Every time I see a hogfish, I don't have my spear to murder him.
But you eat them. And demise will not impact negatively on the ocean.

Hi can't stand Rosie O'donald, I mean, I really can't stand here at all.

However, I dislike somebody more who tries to create a hysterical sensation over nothing in regard to animals. This is the crap that PETA pulls all the time. I just saw how they are filing a lawsuit against some county because they won't let them put up some memorial over some cows that got killed on the road. :shakehead: They really need a good beating or two to straighten them out.

As much as I don't like her, I could careless that she killed a shark.

Are they catching sharks listed as endangered species? If no then why is this even being posted?

Sport fishing is such a miniscule issue in regard to their take out of the ocean. One crab boat or one shrimp boat kills more species in one outing as by-catch then a sport fishing boat is going to kill in a lifetime.

Until Mark the shark is killing endangered species or fining sharks, I say good job my man, carry on., looks like a blast.

Its being posted because operations like this just propagate the belief that:
A) Sharks are "Natures most terrifying killer's" (nope- that would be man).
2) There is some sort of pride that should be taken from landing a fish that would better serve it's purpose where it is. You stalk a non-endangered wild animal in it's environment and kill it using a method that still involves some skill to actually make the kill, then use the meat, skin etc., I have no issue. Chum some water, throw in a hook and catch whatever grabs on, that's just luck. The only skill was the captain that put the boat and bait in the correct spot.
And C) - have no interest whatsoever in the fact that what they are catching is a species that is being caught to extinction. I does not matter if it is only 1% of the catch, it still promotes the idea that it is an acceptable activity and in fact some sort of extreme feat.

Aw crap. I just checked into it and it looks like you have no legs to stand on, nothing illegal about what he is doing, so not sure where you're getting your information from.

Since we are back to he is doing nothing wrong. More power to Mark the Shark, rock on!

This has been asked regarding a number of other issues so why not here too: Just because it's legal does that make it right, and should it continue and be promoted?

Amen friend that was the idea of my post. I am glad someone spelled it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom