Royalty-free music for DVD videos ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess if you are just going to make a few copies for customers you could do it. On all of our productions we used licenced music to us to avoid any problems in the future. We are selling out DVDs internationaly. Making money on Dive DVDs is possible but it takes a long time for your investment to turn around.

GTB
www.spearfishingvideos.com
www.seawolvesunltd.com

In the April 1, 2006 Washington Post there is an article entitled "Set Your Movies to Music" (from a PC World author) that lists some sources of music that may be used in videos. The article assembles a lot of useful information, with explanation especially useful for those making videos for non-commercial use. Its link is:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/01/AR2006040100042.html?referrer=email

Also, try typing the title of the article Set Your Movies to Music into Google and you'll get various interesting results.

Thanks for your previous posts, ye neopreme Spielbergs!

What I think many are missing here is that the internet is changing and is going to change further - the distribution of content. Many are so concerned with creating a DVD and selling it. I am a firm believer in high speed internet delivering content on a pay per view basis and once the providers figure out how to deliver HD content on demand, DVD's will be like vinyl record albums.

5ata:
What I think many are missing here is that the internet is changing and is going to change further - the distribution of content. Many are so concerned with creating a DVD and selling it. I am a firm believer in high speed internet delivering content on a pay per view basis and once the providers figure out how to deliver HD content on demand, DVD's will be like vinyl record albums.

On demand HD content. No more DVD's. Timeframe ? I am guessing at least 5 yrs.

Once the technology becomes available it still will take several years for the general public to afford and fully adopt it. Just my 2 cents. :D

I really like SmartSound's royalty-free music. The tracks are very cleverly recorded in sections that can be looped or linked together in different ways, all automatically, so the length can be tailored to your video. Pinnacle Studio comes with a sampler of SmartSound music and you can get add-on CDs, but it can be used with other editing programs. http://www.smartsound.com/moviemusic/

eric_in_az:
I really like SmartSound's royalty-free music. The tracks are very cleverly recorded in sections that can be looped or linked together in different ways, all automatically, so the length can be tailored to your video. Pinnacle Studio comes with a sampler of SmartSound music and you can get add-on CDs, but it can be used with other editing programs. http://www.smartsound.com/moviemusic/

yep. i agree. i use them also. get smartsoun 4.0 starterkit. it comes with 2 cd's of music for 199 $. you can use and resell. the produced output of the program is your property.

Back
Top Bottom