Rubber Drysuit Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering how many drysuit divers use a sleeve/cuff ring system with rubber gloves? Like the Viking ring and glove setup. I'm trying to get a grasp on how big of a market this is because I have found the perfect gloves to be used with ring/cuff systems.

Please give any opinions and or tell me/us about your drysuit glove setup.

Thanks,
Aardal

Dive safe...

Something like this:
Rubber Drysuit Gloves

There are a number of us who use drygloves, as well as a number of threads dealing with them.
You'll have to excuse me if I don't take the time to detail my system for your commercial gain.
Your gloves are too expensive BTW.

There are a number of us who use drygloves, as well as a number of threads dealing with them.

MechDiver...

I don't think $3.50 for a pair of gloves that are 10 times thicker than $2 dishwashing gloves is alot. It isn't for my personal or commercial gain. I found a glove that is ideal for those who dive with cuff or rings systems and think many divers can benefit from this great find. I'm just passing on the benefits to others. Don't get me wrong, there are many users on this board that do exploit this in the wrong way. My honest intentions are to pass on the great deal and find. Notice I didn't say anything to the effects of "i'm selling these" or "for sale"

Please understand this, I do apologize if I affended you and or anyone else that has looked at this post.

I work for S.O. and do scuba and SAR on the side.

Aardal

How about donating a pair or 2 for the benefit auction

Bob3,

I don't have a problem with that. You can send me a PM with all the information and details or just post it here. I'm a man of my word.

Just LMK...

Aardal

Bob3...

I posted a message with raxafarian... Thank you for letting me know about the benefit auction.

Aardal

Aardal once bubbled...

MechDiver...

It isn't for my personal or commercial gain. I found a glove that is ideal for those who dive with cuff or rings systems and think many divers can benefit from this great find.

Please understand this, I do apologize if I affended you and or anyone else that has looked at this post.

I work for S.O. and do scuba and SAR on the side.

Aardal

I went back and reread your post and it still sounds like a commercial to me. Especially when I hit the link and get an Ebay page with popups all over the place.

If that was not your intent, I apologize for being blunt. FWIW, I pay $2.00 for 30 ga gloves.

MD

... 30 ga gloves
Slap on some Kevlar knit overgloves & that should work fairly well, if you can refrain from grabbing urchins.
Some folks have had good luck with the military surplus chemical gloves, available from a variety of sources for as little a buck/pair.
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of those on the market again real soon. :(

Mech Diver....

I fixed it. Now no one will get blindsided by a eBay link rather now it goes to a quick webpage that I threw together.

Thanks for the tip Bob!

Bob3 once bubbled...

Slap on some Kevlar knit overgloves & that should work fairly well, if you can refrain from grabbing urchins.
(

Don't have Kevlar but some new and greater stuff that I can never remember the name of :)

Actually, the only time I have holed one of the rubber gloves was above water unhooking a dogclip for a stage. Got the sucker caught in the &*$%# gate :bonk:

I just use the "bulletproof" overgloves for cleanup dives.

I did the urchin thing once while going into a hole for a lobster. Not a good way to make your day...

MD

Aardal, Good move on the link. I applaud your use of color :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom