Russians at Blue Angel.... what's up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems like I've read a similar complaint a while ago on this site. It might be that they are selling day passes to the cruise ship crowd. I've stayed there twice without any issues.

Pointing out they were all of the same foreign nationality suggests they might've been from the same group or otherwise there for the same purpose, as opposed to being a random aggregation of tourists as one might see in a bar. Figuring out what group or purpose might give insight into whether this new development is a one off thing, or the start of a new trend.

Nothing wrong with pointing that out, and good reason to do so. Russians, French, Eskimos...whatever.

Plus also, muskovite is fun to say. I'll be saying it all night.

Muskovite... mooskovite.. musk o vite.

images

Smoking..... see????

I would avoid staying at resorts that sell day passes to cruise ship passengers.

Quite frankly, I well remember my younger days (or some of them as the best days I have trouble remembering) when I could rock all day and party all night. It's not my style anymore but I personally enjoy hearing kids having the same kind of fun I did when I was their age. Furthermore, if/when I can't sleep and hear a party I'm the first to grab a bottle of this or that and stroll up into the middle of whatever is going on after hours and say "HELLO... Can ya use this!" and then have some fun meeting new people (assuming I'm not diving the next day). You're only as old as you think you are and party people do not age discriminate.

Last edited:
That's cool, everyone's got their own scene

However to be honest as I was doing ironman Cozumel the day after they were first hanging out, and had to be up at 4:30 (1:30 my time), wasn't looking forward to a disco on the floor below me, and wasn't about to go down and get drunk with them. Thankfully they moved on.

Last edited:
......and if they got really drunk and obnoxious, but continually apologized, they were probably Canadians. :D

Which ones? Central, East coasters, or....Québécois. I've got stories

Did they steal your car?

Then they'd be albanians, not Russians.
Now THAT was funny!!

Thanks for the laugh!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom