Russians at Blue Angel.... what's up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris.. Ironman Coz participant? Well then, you've no time for that scene at that time! Maybe you met Jorge Cabrera (DM with 3Ps) who won his age group again this year? Great guy with total focus year round. 1-2 beers on a special occasion is all he'll allow himself.

Chris.. Ironman Coz participant? Well then, you've no time for that scene at that time! Maybe you met Jorge Cabrera (DM with 3Ps) who won his age group again this year? Great guy with total focus year round. 1-2 beers on a special occasion is all he'll allow himself.

I met a DM named Jorge at a surface interval at the concrete pier south of playa palancar. His fourth (?) time doing it, but he didn't win his age group, he was like 14th. Maybe a different Jorge

And I allow myself a few more than 1 or 2 on occasion which is why I'm slow. :)

Could be they were Cruise ship personnel.

Could be they were Cruise ship personnel.
That was my first thought. Hotel Barracuda pool area attracts lots of cruise ship workers during the day who are just looking for some R&R, not touristy activities.

No, they probably weren't crew. For a while now, there has been a growing presence of Russian immigrants (temporary resident and permanent resident visa holders) and tourists on the Quintana Roo mainland. Lately, many have been spending time on Cozumel.

No, they probably weren't crew. For a while now, there has been a growing presence of Russian immigrants (temporary resident and permanent resident visa holders) and tourists on the Quintana Roo mainland. Lately, many have been spending time on Cozumel.

well, that's certainly unwelcome news!

Wait so they smoked and drank all day? No way! How did you survive?

But seriously, you didn't try to talk to them to find out? I ran into a group of eastern euro cruise ship wait staff 2 years ago while in Coz and while loud, crazy and drinking and smoking a LOT, they were very very nice, cool and fun to talk to and learn about their lives and jobs about the ship.

Back
Top Bottom