S L O W site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something happened about 30 mins ago things started speeding up appreciably.

It is so slow here that it is unuseable.

I will check back in hours or days.

I feel like I'm back on dialup on this site.
As for the techie thang: It's probably the server that this web site is hosted on. I don't know if it's a contracted type thing, but if it is, some one should get hold of the hoster. It's been really slow since at LEAST yesterday morning, and I think it was before that.

Sorry for the delay in my response, I am currently away for the holidays but will be returning this Sunday. As for the server and it's suddon speed issues, we will be upgrading the server and adding another 1Gig of ram which should hopefully speed things up. Beyond that there are no network issues, the forum software is simply more powerful and more intensive then our old system was. The software vendor will also be making some preformance increases which we will implement as soon as they come avaliable. The more information you can give us (isp, computer, speed, location, time using the board, etc...) the more we can to to track down any speed issues. Remember, there are two types of problems: network issues (slow connection not related to the server) and load issues (slow load related to the server). Right now we seem to be dealing with the later issue which I hope we can resolve this week.

i get on the site off and on every day and today was the 1st time it has ever been this slow. i have been associated with several other sites in the past, mod and admin on them and when we had the same type of problem, most of the time all it needed was the server to be rebooted and it would fix it.

just yesterday the pages were loading in a matter of seconds, most of the time in 2 or 3 seconds but all day today its been close to a minute just about everytime. LOL, and i'm even on AOL which most people hate and wont use. i even tried using IE before i made my 1st post just in case it was my AOL but it was the same way.

i hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation sir and i'm sure yall will get it taken care of when you can.

thanks,
steve

WAY SLOW! Over a minute to load a page

it bursty....right after I posted my earlier comment about things speeding up, it slowed down again. Right now my dead mother (she isn't really, but it sounds good) couild out run SB....sigh....time to dive and maybe check back in a few days!

I just noticed the site was downloading fine but I was not logged in when I logged in the site was slow. I've logged out by clicking on log out and the site is fast again but I'm not logged out as I can still post, also the site requires me to log in just about everytime I visit.

Still slow but at times it'll move a little quicker. On a T1 line at work and have been on most of the night (Yes, while at work, what can I say a slow night) and it gets to a crawl at times. Oh well, maybe after a few days the bugs will be worked out. Until then I guess we'll all have to S L O W down

:coffee: :bonk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom