Sad day for my Force Fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zen Diver,I have many pair of Force Fins and the reason is I had to have them.
I also have Flat Feet that bother me so, I wear Birks inside my house and Hiking Boots with custom Orthotics outside. Before I became friends with the Fin Doctor I was a fan and wrote him a letter telling him how much I love his stuff. I myself have some brand loyalty except my $9.00 jeans I found at Wally world that were even made in the USA.

Yep. I have spent a lifetime abusing my body, as a gymnast - wore away cartilage in both knees, stress fractures both wrists and ankles... As 3rd base for an A-league softball team in the Middle East, I shattered an ankle and tore ligaments-which detatched and left bone fragments floating.... Anyway, that's a small list. I have had a great ride, but have found that if I find something that works.... get more. My Birkies are my mainstay for work and home. I do need every pairI've bought. My force fins. Wow! No ankle ache. No lameness every morning after dive. Godsend. So, even though I have one pair, I guarantee I'll try the other types. The accelerating force fins, all of them. And I will filter them out to friends, as I usually do. Loyalty is a good thing.

I just don't see the logic in that. It could be the most wonderful quality whatever in the world but if it doesn't suit my needs, or I already have 10 similar things, what have I accomplished?
Similar does not mean the same. I have different types of equipment for different situations or focus on a dive. I am fortunate to be able to do that. It is not absolutely necessary, but a luxury in my life that I appreciate. I'm also very much a chick. We have a whole handbook that allows repetitive yet unexplained purchases.. :)

This is whack. The intention that I have posted for this thread has been resolved and nothing needs to be brought up again. Especially, for useless post fillers. ]

Did you really say "Whack?" That is funny! And you know, a thread often branches in another side direction. Idle conversation.... It's not about you. It's still fine. I am enjoying this turn of subject, and you need only click away to move on. Relax.

You are one of those people that always need to have the last statement in an argument, aren't you? Blair, please lock this thread, thanks.

Things are getting hot. I can see the smoke rising up from the Santa Barbara foothills. Last night's sunset was an unreal brown red, then the electric power went. But this thread is about life and Force Fin users and others who have good comments. On the fourth of July silence is the last thought I have as an American so keep your thoughts going and thank you America.

Last edited:
Thanks. It is good to enjoy freedom of speech. My time living in the Middle East has taught me to appreciate that particular freedom. Happy Fourth of July! Hey, how many dealers do you have in other countries? Just curious, because withour my APO address, I would be taking a real chance ordering direct to be sent through local postal services.

I never thought about that. As you mentioned about silence being the last thing on your mind during 4th of July. I may have to revoke my previous thoughts and take her consideration, also. To all that has served and or support your military. "Drink to the Foam." Happy 4th of July, Force Fin.

My instructor and assistant instructors has actually been great, very knowledgeable and such.

As for the Force Fin Pro during my surface swim didn't do so well against my fellow dive class mate with an old pair of Dacor turbo? He was basically one lap ahead of me while I was at my third lap. He was using his hands to help propel him forward, lighter and was going at a higher kicking frequency, also.

At the end of our 4 laps, he was hufffing and puffing also complaining of a cramp. I was alittle exhausted but not feelin the symptoms that he was experiencing.

The pros has really acceled under water, though. Easy kicker and very easy to maneuver. Probably, I will have to use the Extra force to possibly even out the score.

stick with the Pro, you just need to practice keeping the blades underwater better. with a little practice you'll blow by him and never have his cramping issues. Try shifting your body to the side a little, they will be less likely to come out of the water.

And this person is an instructor trainer. He seems pretty narrow minded to me and that just might reflect on his training. If you can't find someone else to train with barrow a pair of fins from someone, finish the program and then go back to your Force Fins later. If this is the store you plan to work for ....sorry to hear that.
Force Fins may not be the choice of everyone but that's what makes the world go round and we can't all be right. However they are by far the best fin for me and I can't tell you the last time I owned fins other than my Force Fins. I've been diving for 35 years and active in the dive industry for 30 years. As a matter of fact this is our 30th anniversary as a dive retailer. We sold our first pair of Force Fins back in 1983 and we are still going strong. When someone comes into the store we try to teach them how to make good buying decisions and let them make choices. Over 80% buy Force Fins. People think they look funny. So we let them take them for a test dive or they can buy their fins from us and if their not happy, I'll give them a full refund towards the purchase of any other pair of fins we sell in our store. I will say we have had a few pairs come back but not enough to change the policy. We have divers here who you couldn't pry them off their feet as it's the only pair of fins they would use. So if your ever in Central PA and what to see what all the hoopla is about stop at Sunken Treasure, ask for Rich and I'll let you test dive them and see for yourself what we like about them.

Rich Best
owner Sunken Treasure Scuba Center
Jersey Shore, PA
570-398-1458
Sunken Treasure Scuba Center
PADI Training Facility 1209
Instructor M-10927

I might just do that, I have my own FF, but I would love to get in the water saturday. Any chance you have a group going out??

Seems like an odd place to dive though, what is there to see?? looks like your diving in the Susquhana? can you actually see anything?

This is really the first weekend off this summer however we are helping with the local riverfest's Duck Derby. Next Saturday is a river cleanup at 8:30am followed by some scheduled dives later in the afternoon. It is the Susquehanna River - West branch. We have 30-50 foot normal visibility but have measured over 100 foot a few times. There is the remains (hull) of an old river barge which is 80 feet long and a small outboard boat from the 50's. Marine life is making it's way back mine acid in the water years back but a local dam keeps the fish from moving upstream into the area. The great thing is it's less than 15 minutes from our store, clear water, warm temps and just a real nice place to dive.

Rich Best
Jersey Shore, PA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom