Safe second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can a Scubapro safe second be swapped out with an Atomic safe second? I’m trying to figure out if they are interchangeable.

Yes - just about everything but Posedon's can use similar intermediate pressures so are interchangeable.

You might have to change the hose also - Atomic hose to Atomic 2nd is slightly different than standard.

I forget which configuration but one requires a special "jam nut" from Atomic to work correctly.

Yes - just about everything but Posedon's can use similar intermediate pressures so are interchangeable.

You might have to change the hose also - Atomic hose to Atomic 2nd is slightly different than standard.

I forget which configuration but one requires a special "jam nut" from Atomic to work correctly.
Sounds good. Thank you.

I assumed safe second meant 2nd stage but if you meant octo/inflator - Claymore is right.

When you buy an Atomic SS1, it comes with three different corrugated hose connectors, so you can attach it to virtually any BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom