San Pedro.Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i will be traveling there from March 30th to April 9th want to pursue whale sharks , do the blue hole, and hope to see real sharks< do not consider nurse sharks real ones sorry> any advise and also looking for a reasonable priced accommodation as i am traveling alone and want to use my funds for diving and fun, not fancy sleeping arrangement's I will spend little time in. All feedback is appreciated

If whale sharks are important to you you should go to Placencia instead. You won't see many "real" sharks off San Pedro, though we do have some. But if you want to come here, Pedro's Inn is by far the cheapest place to stay, and a fun place to boot.

I may be mistaken but I don't think you'll generally see Whale Sharks anywhere but near Gladden Spit due east of Placencia. There are some affordable accommodations in that area also - mostly in town which is actually more convenient. One thing to factor in is the cost of flights from/to Belize City unless you buy a package deal. Splash Dive has multiple options on their website - Belize Blue Hole and Whale Sharks | Scuba Diving & Accommodation | Splash Dive Center | Placencia Belize

My friends dove with them last year and saw 8. It appears you've selected mostly the right dates. From ^:

2013 Belize Whale Shark diving package dates:

March 27th to April 5th
April 25th to May 4th
May 25th to June 4th
June 23rd to July 2nd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom