santi flexsole boots with scubapro jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i may check with the dive shop if I can replace the boots .. but if that is the case .. what shall I order ? what are the alternative ? is it possible to have dry suit without boots and I use one wet boot instead ? or there are dry boots as well :D ? I have never heard about dry boots till that moment.

`you could replace the boots with neoprene socks, and then wear either a rock boot, wet suit boot, or converse allstars (or similar canvas type shoe) over it as to not put holes in the neoprene.

i may check with the dive shop if I can replace the boots .. but if that is the case .. what shall I order ? what are the alternative ? is it possible to have dry suit without boots and I use one wet boot instead ? or there are dry boots as well :D ? I have never heard about dry boots till that moment.

there are basically 4 types of foot options for drysuits
ankle seals *not common, but basically identical to wrist seals*-wear them however you would wear something with a wetsuit
neoprene socks *probably the most common that I see lately*-wear either overboots *rockboots, converse allstars etc*, or wetsuit booties
thin boots-like santi flexsoles-kind of a half assed boot imho
hard boots-don't buy these, seriously, don't buy these

of the four, I am a fan of ankle seals if diving in the conditions they are ideal for, which is not cold water, and the neoprene socks. The integrated boots kind of suck because they are much less flexible to changes in socks worn by the diver, they don't give you any ankle support, and are a pain to patch if you have to. The socks give you the most flexibility and are fairly cheap to replace if you have to

thanks Guys for helping me :)

Interesting.

So in order of stiffness is this correct?

NON-LIGHTNING USA > LIGHTNING TAIWAN > LIGHTNING USA

There are so many conflicting anecdotal reports on these fins. I do know for a fact the XL size NON-LIGHTNING USA fins are ~130 grams heavier than XL size LIGHTNING USA fins.

My Santi E. Motion has size XL boots. I wear a size 8.5-9 regular shoes. The boots are very comfortable using the Santi 200GM Thinsulate socks. With these boots, the Scubapro Jet Fin XL fits perfectly. I wear the same fins when I wear 7mm boots with a wetsuit, although it has been many years since I've donned a 7mm wetsuit for SCUBA.

Now in warm water with 3mm boots, I have size L Jet fins. You definitely may need different size fins depending on the size of footwear you choose.

O.

Back
Top Bottom