Suggestion Sarcasm font

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
lowwall

lowwall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
˙ɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ ɟo ɐǝɹɐ suoᴉʇsǝƃƃns ǝɥʇ uᴉ ɐǝpᴉ ʇɐɥʇ ʇsod plnoɔ noʎ ǝsoddns I ¿ʇuoɟ ɯsɐɔɹɐS
Following @SlugMug's suggestion, could we please have a sarcasm font? I think most sites just use a monospaced font like Courier New, but a Comic Sans lookalike would also work.

Do you guys really not get sarcasm? It’s like explaining a joke.

Here's how this request got started:

Or was that sarcasm? Damn, this is complicated.

I don't mind your idea of bracketing it with an appropriate image if we can't do a font. But I think I like the wink better.

How about this one?

🙃
Upside-Down Face emoji​

There is a possibility that I can add a tooltip to the whole string.

All it takes is one person to take a well-intended sarcastic (joking) remark seriously to start a virtual feud, especially on an international forum that doesn't convey voice tones and facial expressions.

Be a man, add a disclaimer to every post.

What does the end product look like when you click the Sarcasm button?
The text is displayed in a monospaced font. No tags or images. But everyone seems to know what it means.

I voted for it BUT......
How about everyone just man, or woman, the f up. We are talking diving here, not brain surgery. Why does a place that allows you to type your thoughts cause so many people to think their thoughts have value and that they can't be challenged or mocked?
Sarcasm is the perfect way to keep those people, and their egos, in check.

Back
Top Bottom