Suggestion Sarcasm font

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
lowwall

lowwall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
˙ɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ ɟo ɐǝɹɐ suoᴉʇsǝƃƃns ǝɥʇ uᴉ ɐǝpᴉ ʇɐɥʇ ʇsod plnoɔ noʎ ǝsoddns I ¿ʇuoɟ ɯsɐɔɹɐS
Following @SlugMug's suggestion, could we please have a sarcasm font? I think most sites just use a monospaced font like Courier New, but a Comic Sans lookalike would also work.

Of course, one problem is those who post something, get BS called on it, and then claim they were just joking or being sarcastic, and double-down by saying nobody got their joke. Weak.

Of course, one problem is those who post something, get BS called on it, and then claim they were just joking or being sarcastic, and double-down by saying nobody got their joke. Weak.
Thus the utility of having a method to show at the time of posting that it was meant as a joke.

:startsarcasm:This option is easier to read.:endsarcasm:

OK, that'll work in a pinch, but was hoping for something a bit more subtle.

Subtlety often needs to be a cinderblock dropped from the fourth floor.

We do have a number of fonts including New Times Roman, Book Antiquia, and Courier New but how would we get the message out that it should only be used for sarcastic remarks? I think I remember where more fonts can be added but they may not display on the font menu.

Thinking more about this, I have written special BB-code routines that format text, pullquote for example:

[PULLQUOTE]Enter your sarcastic comment.[/PULLQUOTE]
Automatically produces:

“ Enter your sarcastic comment. ”

We could use text something like this?
[SARCASIM]Enter your sarcastic comment.[/SARCASIM]
Automatically produces:
[SARCASIM]Enter your sarcastic comment.[/SARCASIM]

Note that "[SARCASIM]" and "[/SARCASIM]" are automatically added along with font, size, and color changes. I haven't seen a good emoji that would be unambiguous, but would like to add one.

We do have a number of fonts including New Times Roman, Book Antiquia, and Courier New but how would we get the message out that it should only be used for sarcastic remarks? I think I remember where more fonts can be added but they may not display on the font menu.
Add it to the format shortcut menu. Here's the limited set of formatting choices from windycitygridiron.com (Go Bears! That is, go for higher draft picks and we'll get back to you next year.)

sarcasm.png

I don't mind your idea of bracketing it with an appropriate image if we can't do a font. But I think I like the wink better.

:wink: Breaking news. Tursiops nominated for Nobel Peace Prize. BoltSnap decides Scubapro sucks and is all in on his new love AMF Voit. happy-diver posts three completely coherent paragraphs. In a row.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom