Save A Dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be very leery using that tape on a HP hose. I am very familiar with that tape. I was using it before it was available to the public while in the Marines. It was specifically designed for high voltage electrical in the aviation field. Though it has it's uses, I would not bet my life on it using it to stop a leak.

Actually the rescue tape I bought listed 700 psi.

Greetings Tresguey and you have been taught a valuable lesson about dive gear.
The next issue is to decide just how comfortable are you on working on your gear?
If you so choose o-ring kits are cheap, spare hoses are a good idea, computer batteries, spare time piece, extra SPG / spools, mask / mask strap, SS buckle, silicone lube, O2 compatible if you dive NITROX, fin straps if you have not went to spring straps yet, tools "multi dive tool", side cutters, adjustable wrench, quality wire ties, #36 line, Bungee chord, intertube of varying size, defog, extra RDP "tables", snaps, hose retainers, etc.

This is just a few off the top of my head but I have many more depending on the dive and proximity to dive shop. I have been able to save many dives not just for me but my buddies as well. I usually carry two of everything including regs, BC's, computers, hoses, wet suits, etc. I have only one DS for now but soon will have two of my own.
If I am going on a charter I will borrow a buddies as a back up.
It is just to easy to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
I learned from my instructor and mentor MSDT Mark you can never be over prepared.

It has taken me several years to get to this point but it all started form having to set a dive out because of a o-ring! Never again!

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Back
Top Bottom