Save a Dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duct tape (you can never have enough of that)
Tie Wraps (assorted sizes)
Electrical Tape (Blue, Yellow, Red, green, black)
O-Rings (assorted sizes)
Silicone Grease
Silicone Sealant
JB Weld
Spare Straps
Spare Buckles
29" regulator hose
Spare inflator hose.
Batteries
Assorted tools
And Growing paycheque by paycheque...

My save a dive kit looks like those listed here with two additional items.

In cozumel, I somehow lost a diaphram out of my second stage. After hitting about a dozen dive shops I found one that had the part. Every shop knew how to fix it but didn't have the parts, so now I carry rebuild kits for all my regs. I don't know how to rebuild a reg, but if I find someone who does, I have the parts.

Second, in little cayman the battey for my dive computer died and no one on the island had a battery for it, so I now carry a spare battery for my computer also.

TT :wink:

My suggestion is to start with what ever you think you need. I promise you will add to it as you go along. My wife and I have started with a small tool box, but if we keep it up we will need a trailer before long.

Start with the basics. - Extra fin strap, tie wraps, O-rings, etc.

Does anybody ever throw anything away?

I know I don't unless it's ailed beyond repair.

double-sided velcro, right up there in usefulness with duct tape.

I always carry a spare SPGw/hose and a std. BCD inflator mechanism. I seem to see these go on a regular basis. An LPI and LP hose is always in my bag along with most everything else listed prev. I did "shi#can the little "drybox" and now everything goes in ziplock bags.

Spare car keys. $20 bill.

Spare mouthpiece, finstraps, o-rings, mask pins, mask strap, spare mask in my BCD, dive tool kit with scredrivers and stuff. plus lots of other bits and bobs in the trunk of my car :D

vel525:
I'm trying to put together a Save a Dive Kit. Just trying to figure out what all you guys keep in yours and what you found to be the most helpful. I tried searching and did not find anything helpful. Thanks.

Victor

Tools of all sorts
tie wraps of all sorts
o-rings of all sorts
lubrication
bungies of various types
Duct tape
extra fin straps
extra LP hose
extra regulator hose
extra mask strap
extra mouthpiece
extra batteries
extra bulbs for my lights
and some odds and ends like plugs to change din to int and that kind of thing.

R..

Back
Top Bottom