Save Broward Reefs Party: Filamentous Algae Removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought he said he didn't have a firm date and he wouldn't even think of having it this Saturday since I couldn't make it. :D LOL

Anyway, anyone diving on Sunday?

Marc

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
OK, my dive neighbors are going to dema so they've asked if we can move this to Sunday... Dan, Mark, Jen... how about it? Say 1:00 pm with bbq at 5 pm? Too late?

Gee, I guess I have been assuming that we were having a dive and BBQ on sunday...:wacko:

So far, I believe its Juan, Marc, Mike, me and Krista. Anybody else?

Am on the phone right now with Mike, he is having problems logging on (life is tough living on the beach) and everything is on for tomorrow!
Parking on Hibiscus, 2 blocks south of the pier. Bring quarters for the meters.
Mike is supplying the marguaritas, BBQ, and sides. BYOB and any special dietary stuff including non alcoholic drinks (water, soda, etc).

SFSH? You said you are committed...LOL

I hope this takes... I was replying on Friday while out of town and was dropped without being able to get back on (Verison wireless, btw). Today we did DEMA and then played a bit in Miami, so I have been remiss - sorrryyyy!

Yes, we're planning on a get together here tomorrow (Sunday) on the beach for dives, eats & drinks. Don't forget the quarters, beach chairs and anything special you want - I have bbq for 8, two buckets of margaritas, and LOTS of sun & sand.

Let's try to get into the water about 1:30 or so and eat about 4pm. Drop your gear at my place (Hibiscus at the sand) and then park either west on Hibiscus or north/south along El Mar - you'll probably find something easily.

Let's not worry about "working" on the reef... let's just have a fun time.

This will be Marvel's first dive in 6 weeks after eye surgery!

See you here!

We really enjoyed having everybody over Sunday afternoon - great food, margaritas, and of course it wouldn't have been half as much fun if it weren't for all of you!

PS, we'll be warming the leftovers up this evening with neighbors if anybody wants more BBQ!!!

Krista, that psalsa is very authentic "San Diego" style... just the right amount of celantro. I'm making omlettes with it this week. Thanks! Yes, that was *P*salsa with a "P."

Juan, we were woken by two huge hermit crabs scratching on our door last night - it seems that they were "in contract" on those great shells you found and were threatening legal action. I explained that you lived by your own laws and they seemed to give it up. That and Ducky was lickin' her chops.

Mike: you and Marvel know how to throw a great Filamentous Algae Removal Beach Party. I am glad we got to survey the situation before we took any action. LOL! Dang that stuff is nasty. It does come off really easy, tho. I did do that much! LOL

Good to see my dive buddies again and meet a new one. Thanks Greg for joining us, look forward to more diving with ya.

I agree with Mike on the salsa. Awesome job Krista!

As for the diving. Life is so incredibly tough for you having to step out your door and dive! I really did see that big grouper and hope I didn't reveal too much where he lives for fear he will become somebodys feast. Only saw one small, scrawny lobster, but the sharptail eels were awesome! Also saw some nice size parrotfish, scrawled filefish and grunts.

Julie had a good time, Thanks Jose for watching her while we were diving. She had fun making new friends and snorkeling.

Look forward to doing this again!

Hey Mike/Marvel, Thanks so much for inviting us over to your shindig. It was awesome and the food was great!!! I didn't touch a stitch of food till lunch the next day :wacko:
The dive was great with excellent conditions and very good visibility, one of the better days I have seen there in a while (of course I don't have the opportunity some other people have to just open their door and have a go at it :rolleyes: )
Brett, Krista great meeting and diving with you both hope to see you again soon.
Jenny, The kids enjoyed Julies company especially Jessica. She was talking about her new friend and all the little fish they saw all the way home or at least until she crashed on the back seat.
Also, who is Jose :confused: I don't remember meeting a Jose there Sunday :)

Juan

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom