Save Broward Reefs Party: Filamentous Algae Removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok now I am embarrased. How do you spell your wifes name?

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
Ok now I am embarrased. How do you spell your wifes name?

He, he LOL I thought you were referring to me when you wrote Jose, my wifes name is Yousi

I was planning to post a dive report, but couldn't work up the energy last night after all that food!

First and foremost, many thanks to our hosts Mike and Marvel...for those who haven't seen yet, Mike's residence is the BOMB!! Any time he makes an offer in the future, be ready to hop in and be there...what a great location! Outdoor showers, lots of room to gear up, and the friendliest neighbors I've ever seen in South Florida...!!

Dive conditions were perfect...great weather, no breakers. Dive time was 1:24 minutes, at 15 feet, though Jenny and I may have willingly competed for more time under.....
For my first real shore reef dive, I was impressed. I had a great time poking through all the nooks and crannies of the reefs....no wonder Mike is always out there!

Congrats to Marvel on her return to the water after eye surgery...I promise it only gets better--it's so great when you finally realize you don't have to protect your eyes from getting wet for fear of losing a contact!

It was great to meet freedive and his family....neighbor Greg will be a welcome buddy in the future...!

I'm sure salsa can be present at the next outing if requested.....:D

Once again, thanks so much for the organizing....I'm still contemplating that cornbread!

Stoplight parrotfish being cleaned by a neon goby

sharptail eel
This was the first of the two we saw, slightly larger than #2. The fin along the back is transparent. Beautiful creature...

At least somebody was cleaning the reef!

Lots of these fellows, and nice size too!

come on out little fishy. I want to take your picture

Ok Jose, er, I mean Juan (LOL)
you can put up a profile pic now!

This was so pretty, I just had to take a picture. Only a diver would understand that a photo just doesn't do the environment justice..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom