SB Invade the Rock '09 - Fish Rock that is....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does seem excessive
Fish has logged around 226 dives (over 225.57 hours) on his with his battery indicating around 50%
Mine has done 70 dives (74 hr) and shows 85% battery

You do a lot more night dives than we do..... how much is your backlight on?

It seems excessive compared to ours and I believe yours is the same computer as ours!

Does seem excessive
Fish has logged around 226 dives (over 225.57 hours) on his with his battery indicating around 50%
Mine has done 70 dives (74 hr) and shows 85% battery

You do a lot more night dives than we do..... how much is your backlight on?

It seems excessive compared to ours and I believe yours is the same computer as ours!

You guys have the Smartcom too? I am sure I remember you guys with that computer. Never use the backlight. Just shine my torch on it to see. Well the dive store said with about 90hours approx on it 55% loss is fine (I got it second hand and it had 93% and 20 dives on it). Hmm. Well the battery change is free so I will see how it goes with a new battery. I will miss it whilst it is gone, love my computer :depressed: It has to go to Sydney for a change!

On a kind of related note, does your computer go a bit spacko after a dive? Mine flashes for about 5mins after I finish a dive and won't let me navigate on it. It never bothered me much as I can just wait the few minutes and another guy I know has same computer and has the same issue so I just thought it was the computer. However if it is a problem, I may as well get them to fix that when I get the battery changed :)

We have Uatec Smartcom Air Integrated Consults as well. We thought yours was like ours.

Neither of ours do the flashing thing after a dive either. Doesn't make sense to us. Greg has had his longer but I got mine Christmas 06 so it shouldn't be any different from yours... mine doesn't seem any different than Greg's

Oh noez! I don't have a paper log. Can they just see my computer? Speaking of which it is down to 38% battery... I might have to get the battery replaced before I go. :\ It seems to drop 2% every four hours I spend in the water which seems excessive...

If they have the internet I can show them my dive log. :)

I have reminded chilled and he says he will book soon.

Edit: Ok only one week to change my battery I am told so I will do it before. :) It will probably last til March (I think you get it changed about 10%) but the change is free :) I said 'you guys told me it would last two years' and he said that they didn't anticipate how many dives I'd do :rofl3:

I think there is something wrong with that sas ... my puter has 200 dives and 200hours dive time and battery still shows @ 50%

I think there is something wrong with that sas ... my puter has 200 dives and 200hours dive time and battery still shows @ 50%

Hmm that is a pity. Well, I am taking it to the dive store on Sunday for them to send it away. I will talk to him about it. The guy I spoke to, my former instructor, said that he has to get his replaced every 8-9 months! He says if I dive a lot I will need to replace it frequently. :\ I would not bother to replace it this early but figured I can do without it next week as I probably won't be doing a midweek dive, and the replacement is free. Anyway, I will look into it. I love my computer, so hope it is not too broken! It seems to have diminished at the same rate as when I got it, so maybe I bought a broken one.

I know the guy who sold it to me though so will check with him as well if it is really broken :eyebrow:

Hmm that is a pity. Well, I am taking it to the dive store on Sunday for them to send it away. I will talk to him about it. The guy I spoke to, my former instructor, said that he has to get his replaced every 8-9 months! He says if I dive a lot I will need to replace it frequently. :\ I would not bother to replace it this early but figured I can do without it next week as I probably won't be doing a midweek dive, and the replacement is free. Anyway, I will look into it. I love my computer, so hope it is not too broken! It seems to have diminished at the same rate as when I got it, so maybe I bought a broken one.

I know the guy who sold it to me though so will check with him as well if it is really broken :eyebrow:

I don't dive as frequently as you, but I would expect the battery life to give a similar dive time, the only thing I can think would make a difference is if you are using the backlight a lot and have it set for an extended ammount of time, I hardly ever use mine.

I know that when I wnet to buy the cage for sheila's computer I was told they stopped selling them because water was being trapped under the plastic cover and not allowing the computer to switch off, thus flattening the battery.

Sheila had a problem with her computer, after about 20 dives it would not turn on via the contacts, but would if you connected it to a tank ... uwatec just sent a new computer and have not had any problems since (touch wood)

Hope everything works out for you.

I don't dive as frequently as you, but I would expect the battery life to give a similar dive time, the only thing I can think would make a difference is if you are using the backlight a lot and have it set for an extended ammount of time, I hardly ever use mine.

I know that when I wnet to buy the cage for sheila's computer I was told they stopped selling them because water was being trapped under the plastic cover and not allowing the computer to switch off, thus flattening the battery.

Sheila had a problem with her computer, after about 20 dives it would not turn on via the contacts, but would if you connected it to a tank ... uwatec just sent a new computer and have not had any problems since (touch wood)

Hope everything works out for you.

Well I don't use the backlight ever. I also wipe it clean with a towel after every dive and put it back in its computer bag as the shop warned me if it stayed wet it would drain the battery. Well I guess hopefully they will replace it if it is busted :) I got it second hand but the store says that does not matter as long as I send it to an authorised dealer first :)

Anyway, I guess I should get back on topic for a bit. I have started counting down to Fish Rock :) Dan is having trouble getting a rental car in Port Douglas at the moment, it seems they all shut at 12pm on Sunday but hopefully we can find a place... He is organising a second holiday in November too, we are going to NZ and I said we can do all the things he wants on that trip so Fish Rock is mine! :rofl3:

Done.

Mrs Tassie, Dr Tassie, Jnr Tassie and Jnr Tassie's nanny (Mrs Tassies sister) are all booked in.

We're taking two weeks off and will probably stop off to dive Byron and Coffs on the way down.

Any suggestions for must-do dive sites located between Brisbane and Fish Rock, or anything a little bit further to the south?

Cheers,
Rohan.

I was disappointed with Coffs. Jetty dive was big and professional looking but I didn't get an overall great feeling from them, there was lots of confusion up to and during the first dive, and both days the weather conspired against us and we never really saw any great sites. That's just luck though, I have heard good stories.

I was told that North Solitary is a better bet (sites like fish soup, anemone bay) and I can't remember the town name but maybe 45min north of Coffs there's a really small operation that goes out there regularly, I'm told they are very friendly but all their equipment is pretty old from boats to hire gear. Knowing what I do now, I would probably take that chance and give Coffs a miss.

I was told I shouldn't miss out on Forster, as they have some great spots to dive, that's maybe 2 or 2.5 hours south of SWR, but I never made it out there. But if you're happy to keep driving, there's always Nelson Bay :)

hubby and i talk aboot a road trip, starting at HMAS brisbane and working our way down to bryon, solitary islands and then heading south to nelson bay

nice to hear the Tassie family will be joining us Tassie!!! but i do expect some bubby time around the pool bbq as i love other peoples bubbys!!!

im REALLY looking forward to this trip..... work has been a total nightmare so i really NEED this trip :bounce2:

petunia, gotta chase up our fashionable neoprene ear headbands for our boat trip.... no wind effected ears this trip!

Back
Top Bottom