SB INVADES THE KEYS... July 14-16, 2006!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will pick you up on the way. I have a battery operated pump to help with your air fills!

Orlando Eric:
I was trying to resist this trip as I am falling into the SCUBA PIT of DEBIT (Hereafter SPoD) latley. I am practicing the Inverse Square Law of paying down my debt. Pay off $1.00 = SPEND $2.00.

A chance to sip Scotch with a SME (Subject Matter Expert) might be the dram that sinks my ship of resistance.

I Wonder if I can just sleep in my truck and fill my tanks with a bicycle pump. Is there a discount if I am towed to the site by way of Tow line?

I have to spend some time with a calculator and a sharp pencil.

- - THIS SURE SOUNDS LIKE A FUN TRIP - -

Where is everyone staying. I would like to go. If anyone wants to do Creature Feature on Friday AM I want to! My van holds 7!

dive4funOften:
Where is everyone staying. I would like to go. If anyone wants to do Creature Feature on Friday AM I want to! My van holds 7!

Ann, my dear, they've done their best to hide the details, but they are in posts 113 & 119. Heck of a way to run a railroad, it might be a good idea to edit post number 1 to include the details so they are easy to find.

Scuba_Jenny #113:
Ok, quick Update.
Dates are July 14-16.
We will be doing all the booking through one dive shop, who is giving us special pricing, with multiple boats going out.
Rooms will be specially priced at OceanPoint. They are condos with kitchens, pool, small beach area and breakfast.
Some condos can sleep 4-6, which drops the per person rate even further!
Planning non diving activities for the non divers and also planning a snorkel boat out also.
Still working on the final numbers, so unfortunately I can't post it yet.
Oh, and I already know that we have folks coming in from across the pond, so this will be an international event!!
If you are interested, just circle those dates!! Look forward to seeing everybody in July!

Capt Gary #119:
OK....Here's the signup information you've been looking for. Just follow the link and fill in the info. Once we receive the information, Brenda will call or email to confirm and get a credit card number to secure your spot.
http://www.conchrepublicdivers.com/S...blic/SBCRD.htm

The Upper Keys Association of Dive and Snorkel Operators members Conch Republic Divers, Blue Water Divers, and Quiescence Dive Center will be your dive host for this years ScubaBoard's INVADE THE KEYS. Special dive rates have been set up with these operators. Also special room rates at Ocean Pointe Suites have been set up and the only way you can get these rates are to follow the link above and fill in the information.

The event is scheduled for July 14 - 16. A party is also planned at Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier on the evening of July 15th, hence no dive the morning of July 16. We will be cooking burgers and frying wings for your enjoyment. Drinks and other libations are still in the works.

Moderators will be diving as well and as soon as we hear what dive boats they'll be on we'll post them on the website.

On behalf of the Upper Keys Association of Dive and Snorkel Operators we look forward to a great weekend of diving and a fun filled event for ScubaBoard members.

Good Diving,

dukeh20:
Gary:

I'm coming down with Dennis (Cardzard) and wanted to know on the deeper boat dives (Spiegel Grove, etc.) if I need both the AOW and the three dives over 80' in the last 6 months.
Thanks
Duke

Yes either an AOW or your log book that shows where you've done 3 dives over 80' in the last 6 months.

Good Diving,

If anyone else is a Starwood Preferred Guest Member - we are redeeming points, and staying at the Sheraton in Key Largo on Friday and Saturday Nights. It's a great hotel, and only about a 10 minute drive to Capt. Gary's Place.

Walter:
Ann, my dear, they've done their best to hide the details, but they are in posts 113 & 119. Heck of a way to run a railroad, it might be a good idea to edit post number 1 to include the details so they are easy to find.

LOL, NetDoc, ElOrans, and a few other mods has the signup link in their sig lines... post #1 in this thread. :11doh:

If you go to the FL Conch divers Calandar the event with signup is also there.

Who reads signature lines when looking for info on a trip? I don't. I never look at the calendar either. Sign up info for a trip should always be in the 1st post in the thread to make it easy to find.

Dang Walter... we even have a banner ad with it on the top of SB. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom