SB'ers in Cozumel -- March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I am diving with Blue Angel again, and if they're not comfortable with my skills by now - I need to move on. I think the real challenge will be getting a boat load, but I'll see. Couldn't be worse than the ripping currents on the Grove or the hard ones we had on the Flower Gardens a year ago.

I got an invitation to join a group to the east side. Hope that works out ok.

I don't know a thing about Blue Angel. I do know that with several other operations I have used in the past, when I asked about trips to places like Maracaibo or Barracuda, I got a flat "We don't go there. Another one said that they would go if I got enough people to put together a trip. Being on my own, I couldn't do it, and they did not make an effort to help me.

With Aldora it was no problem. Our trip to Barracuda had three people on it. Yesterday we went to Maracaibo with four. These are fairly routine sites for them.

Oh, and they use steel 120's, so you get the time you need to spend there.

Last edited:
Does scubamau go to those sites?

Up north Yes. Depending on the skill levels on the boat. and the weather. Feel pretty sure we can get up there at least one day.

East side, not sure but I will find out. If not then I am sure they can make some arrangements. And maybe still with one of their DM.

Up north Yes. Depending on the skill levels on the boat. and the weather. Feel pretty sure we can get up there at least one day.

East side, not sure but I will find out. If not then I am sure they can make some arrangements. And maybe still with one of their DM.

Well alright then. I'll pack my surface marker, spool, signal mirror and flares!

With Aldora it was no problem. Our trip to Barracuda had three people on it. Yesterday we went to Maracaibo with four. These are fairly routine sites for them.

Oh, and they use steel 120ÃÔ, so you get the time you need to spend there.

This is why I dove with them for the last 9 years.:wink:

My husband and I just booked a trip tonight at Fiesta Americana for March 26-April 1. We went there last March and loved both the Resort and Diving (with the Dive House, who we plan to dive with again) We planned on going back even before we left the last time. My husband has been looking for flight/hotel deals for the past three months. The price has been so much more than last year and/or the flights down have had nightmareish flight schedules. Well last night he found a great deal with the same flights (one tranfer, reasonable between flight time) as our last trip. We'll be spending one more day than our last trip. SOOOO looking forward to it.

I donÃÕ know a thing about Blue Angel. I do know that with several other operations I have used in the past, when I asked about trips to places like Maracaibo or Barracuda, I got a flat Ÿe donÃÕ go there. Another one said that they would go if I got enough people to put together a trip. Being on my own, I couldnÃÕ do it, and they did not make an effort to help me.

Oh, and they use steel 120ÃÔ, so you get the time you need to spend there.
Why are you using the odd characters in your font?

Blue Angel is or at least has been a great, no frills operation, but in transition with the new owners so much is to be learned. The improvements at the hotel sound nice - including breakfast with rooms & lunches on dive days, but there were two price increases on room rates and an increase on dive rates I think. The new owner posted a thread, but hasn't been back since one guy insulted Cozumel on her thread I don't think. They will dive the northern sites if at least 4 qualified want to go at the same time; they will assist in obtaining others, but how much is unknown.

In comparison, I see that Aldora is very different, in services and pricing. Sounds like a fine operation. I could not tell from their web site if they will pick up at Blue Angel?

I'm sure it's a challenge to keep boats on the east side, service, supply, etc. Their site doesn't say how divers get over there from town? I am emailing those questions.
Well alright then. I'll pack my surface marker, spool, signal mirror and flares!
I can't imagine anyone diving the sea anywhere without most of that, altho I know many do. You cannot fly flares of course.

Bill and Beth- Staying at Wyndham Resort and spa and diving with Sand Dollar Sports 3/24-3/31. I've read some older posts about Sand Dollar, and am a little concerned. Anyone have any RECENT experience with them that I should know about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom