Scooters - should you use one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was young and dumb I did lots of things I don't do anymore... One of them was renting scooters. No need to recite the other 99 of the top 100 dumb things I used to do.

Renting scooters is silly. It is far better to own one.

It is unwise to attempt to drive the speed limit on Cozumel on a scooter generally. Limited visibility makes it dangerous or at least risky to approach cross streets at anything approaching the speed limit. Riding a scooter in the same manner in which you operate a car in the states is reckless and arrogant. Drivers are distracted and dangerous. I have had far more close calls as a pedestrian on Cozumel than I have on my motorcycle.

I drove a motorcycle as my sole means of transportation in Texas for many years. I was involved in several accidents caused by motorists and two by my own stupidity. The speeds involved are far different than those in Cozumel. I don't ride in the states very often now. I do ride tens of thousands of miles on my bicycle, another activity that I have been told I shouldn't do. I also have hundreds of skydives in my logbook. I also scuba dive which I have been told is crazy. I work cattle on foot and work with heavy machinery and have used a chainsaw in the heavy brush for literally thousands of hours. By far the most dangerous thing I do is driving to work and I will probably choke to death on a corn chip.

Be safe out there y'all.

Renting scooters is silly. It is far better to own one.

It is unwise to attempt to drive the speed limit on Cozumel on a scooter generally. Limited visibility makes it dangerous or at least risky to approach cross streets at anything approaching the speed limit. Riding a scooter in the same manner in which you operate a car in the states is reckless and arrogant. Drivers are distracted and dangerous. I have had far more close calls as a pedestrian on Cozumel than I have on my motorcycle.

I drove a motorcycle as my sole means of transportation in Texas for many years. I was involved in several accidents caused by motorists and two by my own stupidity. The speeds involved are far different than those in Cozumel. I don't ride in the states very often now. I do ride tens of thousands of miles on my bicycle, another activity that I have been told I shouldn't do. I also have hundreds of skydives in my logbook. I also scuba dive which I have been told is crazy. I work cattle on foot and work with heavy machinery and have used a chainsaw in the heavy brush for literally thousands of hours. By far the most dangerous thing I do is driving to work and I will probably choke to death on a corn chip.

Be safe out there y'all.
You know that it's not folks like you (experienced riders) that we are talking to, right? Just checking.

Back
Top Bottom