Scott Mallet Diver Dies Today , RIP my Friend!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been thinking since that horrible Saturday about the words I could write to explain what my heart
Is telling me . I could write 1000 pages trying to explain to you what emptiness you've left all around me.
I was with you that morning as I've been for the past 8 years we've been diving not as buddies but as one.
We knew by heart each other's moves before we made them and never In probably 2000+ dives did we ever
loose each other, I always knew where you were and you knew where I was . We've surpassed some obstacles
down there during the years ...... once you ran out of air at 100ft another time your regulator came apart
while still In your mouth and your octo was broken (told u a million time to fix It!) but both time I was there
close to you and bailed you out and once again...we came to the surface toghether little scared but alive and
we would laugh about how many times I'd saved your life
Last Saturday I was there with you, as always, we did our fist dive and I'll never forget those words
that u said the moment we stuck our head out "I'm not feeling so well" . I had seen you keep rubbing your neck
at the safety stop but didn't make much of It as i thought some small jelly had bit you. I let you get back up
the ladder first and then asked you again how you were doing you said better and for 25/30 min you were smiling
talking and Amanda was making fun of us because I told you I would skip the dive and stay on the boat and you
know how she used to think of us as Husband and Wife ( U beeing the wife ofcourse always nagging)
Then the seizure came and I don't want to remember or write about that 30 min ride to the Inlet all I can
tell you Is that everyone did absolutely everything and although we kept losing you we brought you back at
least 6 times on that boat , than the ambulance ride with me screeming at you to hold on and not to go , I begged
you to stay as I was holding your hand and didn't want to let It go until we arrived at the hospital and the driver
of the ambulance grabbed me and pulled me away from you as you were going In .... not even 5 min passed and
the Dr came out and told me you didn't make It, and I will never forget that feeling as long as I live.
I lost my best and only true friend I've ever had In my life , suba diving was just a small part of our friendship,
You were my best man at my wedding and me of yours , you were my drinking partner my Football rival and no
matter what you were doing If I needed some help In anything you wouldn't even ask what ? but "i'll be there In 10.
I know you're up there watching down on us and when my time comes I'm sure you'll be at the door waiting for
me on the other side with a new set of scuba gear on and an extra set for me , and we'll be diving again as 1.
I miss you brother , more than anyone will ever know and althought being with you until the end has changed
me forever I wouldn't have switched places with anyone else.

Davide

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom