scratches inside first stage? scubapro mk2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bit off the topic, but what microscope do you have that allows those excellent pictures?

Good luck returning your new toy!
Sorry, amigo!

My guess is that the previous "technician" used a flat-blade small screwdriver to remove the shaft o-ring. :eek:
When you drink the ScubaBoard Kool-Aid and start repairing your own regs, don't be that guy! :D

Yea, with the photo of the piston I agree with you. Nothing like a ham fisted tech to mess up a reg.

I was thinking that o-ring must have put up a good fight :facepalm:

A bit off the topic, but what microscope do you have that allows those excellent pictures?

It's actually just a $20 usb microscope off of amazon. For the price it's a great buy as long as you have reasonable expectations for what it can do. I can post up a link if you would like.
IMG_0894.jpeg

It's actually just a $20 usb microscope off of amazon. For the price it's a great buy as long as you have reasonable expectations for what it can do. I can post up a link if you would like.
View attachment 500508

been looking at one of those recently...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HI82WNO/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I have. It has a slightly better stand then the one posted above. They are all basically the same otherwise. The trick with them is the ''magnification'' dial is really just a focus knob, the magnification is fixed to somewhere around 50X. They do have a 2nd focal range where if you get the object up really close it will focus in aswell. You can find free microscope software for mac or pc pretty easily but it is mostly plug and play as it shows up as a webcam essentially. You can also use photo booth on the mac but the image is mirrored which is confusing.

Back
Top Bottom