Scratches on dry seals, how bad is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You missed the part where he said he got his OW card in a drysuit. He's already been trained...
No. I didn't miss it all. Taking ow in it likely means you were horridly overweighted and knelt on the bottom. In a badly fitted suit.

Taking the drysuit class...which most shops would give you for free if you bought it from them...DUI does financing in the USA as well...will hopefully teach better emergency awareness and care of the suit.

Latex seals should be good with scratches. Don't wait to invest in a ring system. If you like it...should put a ring on it. If the seals ever feel gummy...replace them. Zippers are an off on switch. They should be all the way open or all the way closed. Roll the suit up with the curve of the zipper in mind.

Have fun!

Taking ow in it likely means you were horridly overweighted and knelt on the bottom. In a badly fitted suit.

You have of course attended a lot of DS OW classes in several countries? Or are you talking out of the nether orifice of your digestive system? Or both, perhaps?

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

I've seen many horrors of open water around the world. Show me the video evidence from your ow students in the last ten years not kneeling nor overweighted. Or keep the orifical eminisions to yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom