Screen protectors and the Cobalt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biglipps66

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else having a hard time getting the screen protectors to stay on their Cobalt? Ive put probably a hundred of these things on numerous phones and gadgets over the years but cant seem to get this one right.

Has anyone tried a custom cut different brand protector? Ive gone through 3 of the Cobalt shipped ones and Im out of resources for another.

Maybe one of the lovely Atomic customer service people on the forum here could send me a couple more!? :blinking::D:banana:

The supplied protector lasted about 2 months (45 dives). I now have a ZAGG and it has lasted 15 dives to date and it still looks good. I will add another 20 dives in December to see if it is here to last.

What Sevenrider860 said. I'm a big fan of all things ZAGG -- GPS protectors, dive computers (Suunto) protectors, laptop computer protectors, Iphone protectors, Ipod protectors . . . if it has a screen that I have any concern about scratching, I probably have a Zagg protector on it. The things stick, they last, and they are nearly indestructible; the product began as material that was used to protect the leading edges of military helicopter blades. For a lot of gadgets the cost of the protector becomes something of a question of value when compared to the cost of the gadget, but for a Cobalt -- given the cost of that baby -- if I had one, you can bet I would have a ZAGG on it.

The one I installed on my Cobalt the day I bought it lasted well over 100 dives, and only came off because I pulled it off to put on a Zagg. That has also shown no signs of going anywhere.

Proper surface prep is vital for these things, though.

Happy Monday Scubaboard users! Thanks Doc...I think surface prep is crucial, but regardless screen protectors are challenging to apply no matter what the product! I have heard a lot of our users that love the Zagg protectors, I have not personally used them, but rave reviews! BigLipps66, if you PM me your address, I can throw a new pack in the mail to you! Thanks everyone!

Atomic

Thanks for the replies fellas. Ill try the new ones and hopefully have some better luck :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom