Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh Don only 20???????????????????????????????????????????
Yeah, I'd still be the older man, but not so much as to be ridiculous. :mooner:

Kevin, this is awesome! I don't know Opal personally but this has caused me to lose sleep. So glad to hear Opal is fighting! My kinda gal, for sure! I will be wishing her and the rest of the divers the best and quickest recovery possible.

WSOPFan... I hope you never find yourself in this type of situation. On the other hand, the good people of Scubaboard would be wishing you the best recovery possible. To bad you can't focus on the recovery versus the incident. I understand the need to know the circumstances but at this time the recovery is what is most important.

Thoughts and prayers are with Opal, Gabi and mystery diver.

Very sorry to hear about the stricken divers... Never been out with Scubamau, but have heard good things. I wish all a quick, and complete, recovery...

Kevin once again thanks for the news. I don't know the others but did meet Opal several trips ago when she worked for Troy, and like anyone who has met her remember the big friendly smile & personality that went with it.

As for the purpose of the thread, it's to alert us (the diving community who frequent Cozumel enough to know these people in some way) that there has been an accident, it's not to point fingers nor throw stones. One must know the facts before drawing conclusions.

Did Opal work at Blue Angel about 6 years ago?

If so, I remember her as being tough as nails and running about 100 mph at all times. I'd say she's a fighter and will get well sooner than we hope!

Did Opal work at Blue Angel about 6 years ago?

If so, I remember her as being tough as nails and running about 100 mph at all times. I'd say she's a fighter and will get well sooner than we hope!

i think opal did dive with blue angel we didnt start diving untill they opened the new shop

I haven't used Scubamau but pray for a speedy complete recovery for all 3. This hits Cozumel hard but it also makes everybody that enjoys the sport realize how vulnerable everyone is.

Kevin, we are glad to hear Opal has woken up. Our thoughts & prayers are with her, Gabi & their friend. We love Opal and everyone at SM. Please tell her that Paul, Debbi & the kids are counting on her to pull through & we have peanut butter cups waiting for her when she's ready. Please keep us all updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom