Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so good to hear positive news coming this way...

BUT out of respect for the divers can we please stop the petty bickering that is going back and forth...? Please, please stop with the comments and begin a new thread that has been requested several times... Please...?

lee

Thank you so much for the updates. Please keep posting....Opal, Gabi and the other diver are in our thoughts and prayers.....Danny, Susie, Billy, Beth, Josh and Wayne....the Arkansas gang....

To us Opal and the gang at Scuba Mau mean a lot. They have been friends and service providers for years now.

I am sad to read my good friend Opal has had such an accident and saddens me to know others here were also affected.

Opal knows how much Mau and her mean to me/us and wish her and the gang a speedy recovery.

As fellow divers and friends of them, saddens me to read other "divers" taking away from the main subject of this threat to judge and interpret what happened, this threat was to: wish them the best, as it could be us.

Think their families are reading this too and think about how judgements can be created out of here, please let them just focus on them healing and give them the peace they need. Remember they are real people, not just a nick name here who god knows who is behind the post. Please be sensible and understanding.

To all wishing a good recovery and supporting them, thank you.

Wishing them the best,

Jorge
Scorpio Divers Cancun

Firstdive/Kevin, when you feel up to it - I think it would be good to start a new thread in Accidents explaining what did happen, and link it here. Putting it off until later leaves the door open to speculations.

Posting there at this point, given the lack of details, would result in the divers/op getting shredded on that forum. I'd hold off until more detail is known. And especially since Kevin is a third party to the incident. He wasn't there and really it should be someone who was a party to the incident that shares that detail.

Last edited:
Abundant loving healing prayers to Opal, Gabi, Heath & their family & friends, far & near. I've confirmed about 90minutes ago, with both the chamber (where she was when I called) & with Kevin and unfortunately Opal is still in a coma. She did partially (or fully) open her eyes twice that I know of today, but 'movement' has been said to be 'nerves'. I just wanted to clarify before folks start thinking she's awake. Unfortunately no, not yet. Thanks Kevin for helping get the updates to us, we appreciate your efforts. We love you OPAL & pray for your complete recovery. Please keep the prayers abundant :heart:

This story is heartbreaking. Opal, Gabi & #3 diver: I don't know you but my prayers are with all of you for a full recovery.

Folks, and I am naming no one; what part of: "please take your discussions and debates of deep diving to another thread for now, and let this one be focused on the hopeful recovery of the victims", do you not understand?

Colleen, who never really pays any attention to my ScubaBoard activities, has me checking back to this thread continually, and is reading over my shoulder as she really came to respect these folks her one trip down, and she is holding her breath each time we check, hoping for positive news on Opal and the others, and all this side arguing is tasteless, and disturbing.

Posting there at this point, given the lack of details, would result in the divers/op getting shredded on that forum. I'd hold off until more detail is known. And especially since Kevin is a third party to the incident. He wasn't there and really it should be someone who was a party to the incident that shares that detail.
A popular idea, yes - but seldom functional. If Kevin doesn't want to post the rest he said he'd share later on an A&I thread and link here, then speculations and discussions are unavoidable here I think. Worse, discussions will go on off of SB, then come back here as more confusion. :idk:

A preferable idea, yes...!!
Folks, and I am naming no one; what part of: "please take your discussions and debates of deep diving to another thread for now, and let this one be focused on the hopeful recovery of the victims", do you not understand?

Colleen, who never really pays any attention to my ScubaBoard activities, has me checking back to this thread continually, and is reading over my shoulder as she really came to respect these folks her one trip down, and she is holding her breath each time we check, hoping for positive news on Opal and the others, and all this side arguing is tasteless, and disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom