Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So so sorry to hear this news.I will always remember just last Saturday laughing with Opal and Gabi about our cookout and making plans for my next trip.Will continue to pray for the best outcome.We must always remember how fragile life is and how fast it can all change.

She's got my support too. That last update wasn't what I wanted to read, so now I'm working even harder on the praying part.

Kevin,
Don & I have been off the board for several days and just heard about this. Thank you for keeping everyone up to date. I am so sad to hear this news. I don't even know what to say right now except our prayers are with Opal, Gabi and Heath. I hope the Scuba Mau family is staying strong and know that all of their friends are thinking of them and our thoughts are with them even if we can't be.

I can not even find a way to put into words what I am feeling.
I have been in Chiapas traveling and when I got the news early on Sunday morning I started praying and the prayers continue...but, last night, this devastating news of opal's prognosis just tore me up. Talking to Kevin and Cathy throughout all this and all of us crying for them and trying so hard to process all of this...Thank god for friends. This is all so impossible to do. I could not sleep very much last night as so many images of my friends flashing through my mind.

I went to two very spiritual places in Chiapas and there I have said my prayers for them and their families...praying with all my heart and soul and sending my love to them.

Its a long bus ride back to Playa but I will be back in Cozumel tomorrow.

There...are no words...right now.

I am truly heartbroken for my friends. I cannot even process it all yet.
This will be a long road but it is one lined with friends and loved ones all praying and sending their love and hope to Opal, Gabi and the other diver.
Please continue your prayers.

As others have said... I keep checking back anticipating good news only to be left here, wondering just how fortunate this community is that has so many friends, acquaintances, and strangers pulling for a positive outcome... Opal, Gabi and Heath; you have a whole lot of people pulling for you guys... and were going to keep checking!!!

Godspeed... lee

With the greatest of respect there will be no more posts about diver conditions by me. Please contact her brother at the dive shop.

Thank you for understanding and all the continued support in prayer and attitude of love. kevin

Last edited:
Wow, just as I was catching up with the updates and read Opal was improving, we get this terrible prognosis. What devastating news. Here is hoping for the best. Thanks Kevin and hang in there.

For those as out of touch with spinal cord injuries as I, you can read here just how devestating a C2 injury is: http://www.livestrong.com/article/204025-what-are-the-symptoms-of-a-c2-spinal-injury

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom