scuba and handguns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forget all the HK's, Sigs (although that is what I carry), Glock's, etc. Doesnt matter what you have. This will take care of almost any underwater threat. Just a little more expensive than the Sigs.

Whiskey Class" Submarine
Displacement: 1,050 tons surface: 1,350 submerged
Length: 75.2m
Width: 6.3m
Drought: 4.9m
Engines: 2 37D diesel engines 4,600 hp
2 electrical engines 2,500 hp; 2 shafts
Speed: 17 knots surface; 13.5 knots submerged
Range: 12-15,000 miles
Depth: 200 meters;
Capacity: 56 Torpedo tubes (533 mm) bow-4, stern-2

Several "613" class submarines were rigged with 4 cruise missiles

Decommissioned in 1991

Price $497,000 USD

Hey there King,
It has been some time since I logged onto to this thread, but when you first posed the question of your favorite guns, I was thinking Sig. I (actually it's my wife's gun) have a 9mm Sig. Dependable and accurate!! I won't take it diving though.
Happy Thanksgiving,
JAW

Does the trailer come with it. I can't wait to put it in my local quary to test dive with.:wink:

I've read this whole thread trying to find a serious reason why anyone would wish to fire arms under water. Maybe my european outlook has completely missed the point of this thread but I find it extremely disconcerting that so many people know so much about weapons of death.

Neil

Hey do you have the link yo pick up that sub.... I'll get a couple of guys together, but it and sink that puppy..... we need a sub on the Bottom in SE florida, and with all the junk they have been sinking I think it would boost the artifical reef program !:p

neilstewart,
I'll try to give you an honest answer. No kidding. In my opinion:

The reason we know so much about weapons (and I resent the description of them being weapons of death) is because in this country we enjoy our freedom. The right to bear arms is written into our Second Ammendment of the Constitution of the United States. In states such as mine (Texas) the statistics prove time and time again that when criminals know that homeowners are armed, they think twice about entering. We do not have the home invasion problem that you have in England. Think about it...if you were a criminal, and you knew that in one house the owner had a gun and knew how to use it, and in the house next door the owner believed that guns are evil and didn't own one, which house would you break into? I think I can answer that for you, and so can all the criminals in the world. Laws to prohibit firearms do not keep criminals from owning guns. They never will. Period. End of story. Criminals are criminals because they break the law. Do you think a law prohibiting firearms will make criminals turn in their guns? No way. Hitler outlawed firearms. Was it a good idea then? Did it help people? A gun in the hands of an honest citizen is a tool and not something evil. You cannot assign emotions such as evil to an inanimate object. Are baseball bats weapons of death? They are used to kill people all the time. Should we outlaw baseball bats? I think not. Honest people with legally owned firearms prevent crime, not instigate it. You can ask any law enforcement officer here in Texas where we have concealed carry laws, and they will tell you themselves that they love the idea of honest people with guns. I've asked many of them myself. This is my honest opinion, and I do not presume to speak for others on this board, but if you look at crime rates you can learn a lot about the effect of honest gun ownership. They have many legitimate uses, and anything in the hands of an evil person can become a "weapon of death".

Thanks! but you mean sister! (forgive my non sexist nickname) LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom