Scuba Caching is it for you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A possible solution would be to use NavDive on Kickstarter which is an underwater GPS unit. My friend Kelly is actually running the campaign and he came up with the device because he needed it for some archaeology work he was doing.

Im new to diving, but been geocaching for years, and this was one of the first things I thought of when I decided to get into diving.

I will likely place a couple in Lake Erie, maybe within long point bay since its pretty easy to get too. I read somewhere there is one at the quarry in Innerkip.

I guess trying to make it interesting is the key, make it so people will want to spend the time and dive to it.

We have a few here in Table Rock Lake in Branson MO. We love to search for them.

I will have to keep an eye for these.
I am hoping to be diving some around ontario, but iam pretty new still, so make them novice freindly LOL

Plan to place most of them where any diver can look for them. I may place one or two for more advanced divers as well.

I enjoy geocaching, but I'm not aware of any dive able caches near me. I may have start the trend. What do you guys use for a log? Write in the rain paper or something more like a slate?

I have some of the write in the rain paper, my only question would be if it holds up through multiple seasons.

Most that I've seen so far were done using dive slates as log. I've seen one that was using some kind of waterproof paper (not sure what type exactly) as log, but that didn't hold up too well.

Back
Top Bottom