Scuba Certification Rip Off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tndiveinstruct1:
Canada falls under the jurisdiction of PADI Americas. There is no President of PADI Canada. There is a Regional Manager for PADI Canada. PM me if you want his email address...

Hey guys, You are right there is not president of PADi canada. Based on the Advice of the Yellow Fish (I just remember the picture you had up) I sent the email to PADI (states). I'm dealing with a lady there and she has been very helpfull. Here is the email she sent my instructor.. I just thought you guys would like to be in on the drama.. feels like a soap opera.. "And these are the days of the young and diveless.."

"Hi Michael,

Tracey (Fish) forwarded your email to me regarding your conversation with the President of PADI Canada. I sent it on to Randy Giles.

Michael, enough of this foolishness, please send the student records to me ASAP. I’m the only one you need to be dealing with. Even Randy told you to send the copies of all the PICs to me in California.

By the way, just who is the President of PADI Canada?

I look forward to hearing from you on Monday.

Sincerely,

Linda Van Velsan"

Here is what the dive instructors wife wrote back.. and yet more drama..

"Dear Linda… I am Michael’s wife and I am the one who replied to Tracey for Michael. We are both working 2 jobs therefore I try to reply to his e-mails to help him out when I can. I mistakenly named Randy Giles as president instead of regional manager. SORRY! It wasn’t intentional.

We received the pic envelopes from Randy during the latter part of the week and will forward that information to you once the files are located. As mentioned before we are both working 2 jobs and our time at home is very limited for sorting through a basement full of packed boxes."

just thought I would update everyone in the melo drama

Fish..

fish_bowl:
Hey guys, You are right there is not president of PADi canada. Based on the Advice of the Yellow Fish (I just remember the picture you had up) I sent the email to PADI (states). I'm dealing with a lady there and she has been very helpfull. Here is the email she sent my instructor.. I just thought you guys would like to be in on the drama.. feels like a soap opera.. "And these are the days of the young and diveless.."

"Hi Michael,

Tracey (Fish) forwarded your email to me regarding your conversation with the President of PADI Canada. I sent it on to Randy Giles.

Michael, enough of this foolishness, please send the student records to me ASAP. I’m the only one you need to be dealing with. Even Randy told you to send the copies of all the PICs to me in California.

By the way, just who is the President of PADI Canada?

I look forward to hearing from you on Monday.

Sincerely,

Linda Van Velsan"

Here is what the dive instructors wife wrote back.. and yet more drama..

"Dear Linda… I am Michael’s wife and I am the one who replied to Tracey for Michael. We are both working 2 jobs therefore I try to reply to his e-mails to help him out when I can. I mistakenly named Randy Giles as president instead of regional manager. SORRY! It wasn’t intentional.

We received the pic envelopes from Randy during the latter part of the week and will forward that information to you once the files are located. As mentioned before we are both working 2 jobs and our time at home is very limited for sorting through a basement full of packed boxes."

just thought I would update everyone in the melo drama

Fish..

Good to hear that PADI HQ is acting on this.

The instructor is required by PADI Standards to keep the records for 7 years, unless dictated longer by local law.

Randy

tndiveinstruct1:
Good to hear that PADI HQ is acting on this.

The instructor is required by PADI Standards to keep the records for 7 years, unless dictated longer by local law.

Randy

I WAS NOT AWARE OF THAT.. THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION.

FISH

very glad to hear....in any case where I have doubts about the integrity of a person and it involves contracts, permits or anything involving the misappropriation of funds, I never ever take a person's word that they've spoken to someone. Always double check....if nothing else there's no harm and its just good business practice. Go with the gut instinct. If it sounds fishy it probably is.

I have been following this thread almost since it started, and I am glad that a resolution does appear to be in sight!

Safe Dives!

Will Johnson

Thanks Will.. I'm Happy So Many People Have Been Very Supportive.

One thing that I noticed though...

Why Do You Type Like This?

Safe Dives,

Will Johnson

Back
Top Bottom