Scuba Club Cozumel ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The el norte issue is not so much currents as seas that get so rough on the west side of the island that boats can not safely operate. In fact, I believe it is possible that the harbor master could restrict small boats (like at BA) but allow the bigger boats (like SCC) to operate. We were ther 3 weeks ago and had north winds most days. Never strong enough to restrict boating but I sure was glad to be on the large boats as the 6-packs were getting bounced around a bit.

We were at SCC quite a few years ago when an el norte hit and diving was closed. We rented a car and enjoyed the east side of the island. Only regret was not getting some shore tanks from SCC as the east side was quite diveable. Harbor closures are not at all common.

tmp, yes you can have dive days impacted. Maybe Christi or another dive op can give order of magnitude estimates of days impacted in January.

Tmp if you are new to Cozumel, I highly recommend SCC. As you learn more
about getting around stay else ware maybe. I've been 3 times now and the last
2 trips spent at SCC. The last trip I traveled by myself, I'm a single female.
They put me on the more experienced boat with all the old geisers that have been
diving since double hoses. We had a blast.

Walked to shops and through town.
Even enjoyed the independence celebrations in September.
DONT FORGET A PADLOCK FOR YOUR DIVE LOCKER.

They put me on the more experienced boat with all the old geisers that have been
diving since double hoses.

The word is "geezers."

So you are single. How you doing?

Jlyle & Azs......awesome pics (makes me want to go for sure now)

Thanks for all the info - I am going to try to book here by end of weekend if something else comes up I will get back to you all.

Blue Steal - I was thinking the same re trying to crunch the numbers - I also think the would be about the same price wise after factoring in meals / nitrox etc

DocIndy - LMFAO.....so at the "old" age of 44 would I be placed into the GEEZER catagory???? I already know I am FUN to dive with :cool2:

You guys are the best - Love the forums for inof gathering - it is greatly appreciated.

TMP

We were at SCC quite a few years ago when an el norte hit and diving was closed. We rented a car and enjoyed the east side of the island. Only regret was not getting some shore tanks from SCC as the east side was quite diveable. Harbor closures are not at all common.

Now that seems like a really cool idea; rent a car, grab some tanks, few friends, and take your gears over to the east side for some shore diving. (at least when the east side is calm).

tmp, let us know what you finally decide and how it goes.
I am curious because I may give SCC a try on the next trip down.

Great idea Jim about the Nitrox for the DM

Chris: So you did make it back to SCC in August...AND it looks like you got your camera wet this time. LOL

I want to see eagle rays but I've got time. At least 3 more trips to SCC before we move there. I hope to see one before that though.

Betty

Betty, arrange an Eagle ray trip up north with SCC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom