Scuba diving video games

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuNanoTube

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am an avid gamer, and I have noticed a distinct lack of scuba diving games on the "main-stream" market. Are there any good scuba related games that you know of, and what do you think of the current selection of scuba related games.

Some of the larger titles I have found:

Endless Ocean (and squeals):

Depth (not released yet):

I'm a pretty avid gamer, and I can't think of making a game about diving that would be exciting enough for me.

As awesome as diving is let's not kid ourselves...a SCUBA game would be pretty damn boring. I just think it's too difficult to make an exciting game focused on diving. However, it's worth noting that all sorts of games have at least one underwater level...even the original Super Mario Bro's on NES had an underwater level. Now that I think about it, Crash Bandicoot 3 on PS1 had an underwater level WITH Crash sporting SCUBA gear:

YouTube - Crash Bandicoot 3 - 105% & All Platinums #2: Under Pressure

Endless Ocean

I'm not an avid gamer, so take this with a grain of sand. The first time I played Endless Ocean, I was stunned. Not in a good way. For the general public, I believe it portrays some very bad behavior; Poor gas management - wait until you're out of air before thinking about returning to the boat, then just select a menu option. Solo diving with no backup air supply. Feeding the wildlife (a personal pet peeve), hanging on to the big critters for "rides", magic guns to shoot the fish with (to "heal" them), underwater graffiti (special underwater pens supplied), and the list goes on.

If you ignore all the little things that bug me, it's another adventure game where you collect things and solve a few "mysteries".

Wanna buy a copy for the Wii?:wink:

Saw this tread and thought I would respond. I recently created a new underwater scuba diving tilt game for the iphone. Looking for some honest feedback on it.

About the game:

Pearl Man has an old school 8 bit style and is a new scuba diving tilt game for the iphone. Complete each level by collecting all of the pearls while dodging enemies along the way. Once you have collected all of the pearls you can access the final pearl and move on to the next level of the journey. Any feedback would be awesome

[video=youtube;41Ap1NFSkpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Ap1NFSkpk[/video]

www.pearl-man.com
App Store - Pearl Man Lite
App Store - Pearl Man

I'm not an avid gamer, so take this with a grain of sand. The first time I played Endless Ocean, I was stunned. Not in a good way. For the general public, I believe it portrays some very bad behavior; Poor gas management - wait until you're out of air before thinking about returning to the boat, then just select a menu option. Solo diving with no backup air supply. Feeding the wildlife (a personal pet peeve), hanging on to the big critters for "rides", magic guns to shoot the fish with (to "heal" them), underwater graffiti (special underwater pens supplied), and the list goes on.

If you ignore all the little things that bug me, it's another adventure game where you collect things and solve a few "mysteries".

Wanna buy a copy for the Wii?:wink:

Bit too literal? Most driving games don't exactly encourage safe driving skills either.

And as for Grand Theft Auto cultivating respect for the police...

The is a spear fishing game for the iPhone/pod/pad. It's ok and mildly amusing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom