Scuba Diving's Snipe Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wet suit pressure balancing valve?
Low compression lead?
Digital dive knife?
A spare gas pocket for your wet-suit?

Oh... has anybody seen the ads for the 'variable pitch' dive fins? Really neat... dial in the stiffness and the propusion pitch of the fin angle... low pitch for caving and photography... higher pitch for currents and lift work where ya' need more propuson torque. Really cool... come in a standard and split fin construction... split fins are more adjustable but tend to wear out faster...

snipe hunting on land was fun.....until i figured out i was the one being laughed at.....but in the water.....adventurous!!!!

mike_s:
Shhhhhhhhh!!!!

Someone will start a PADI Snipe Hunting Speciality Course.
What do you mean "start"? I'm sure there's one already. I'm sure PADI is in the process to make a video and crewpack you have to buy for it. And of course lets not forget the difficult instructor training to achieve the coveted Master Emergency First Response Snipe Hunter Instructor rating.

We could make a new tread on new PADI specialties.Things like
Master Quarry Diver, Underwater rock identification, Peak Performance Peeing, Underwater basketweaving etc.

Heck i just used to mark my fins with a big "L" on one and a "R" on the other and then just explain that it prevents me from getting the left and right fins mixed up. I then ask them how they can tell the difference for their fins. (It really just served to mark my fins as my own and to let me know which side of the SP jet fin was up, which allowed me to get dressed in the dark a little easier).

In the Navy, down in the Engine Room, the noob was always sent for a bucket of steam.

In restaurants we liked to send people for ice mix.

Rachel

new DM canidates we tell them to "get the bouy" and then wait to see if they try and drag it up. Sometimes they surface all out of breath and ask how you get it to come up.

has somebody mentioned putting hot dogs or some other food in someone's BC pockets?

What, you mean like peanut butter on the BC strap?

Back
Top Bottom