Scuba In The Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mee! Mee!

If my ear starts behaving that is.

I won a door prize last year - a Dacor triple gauge (depth, SPG, compass) parts of which I still use. I wasn't even certified at the time. Oh yeah and I picked up a bottle that teh beach cleanup crews must've missed :wink:

DivingGal off this board won a whole bagful of door prizes...........

www.scubainthepark.com

Damnit, now I have to see if I can get Saturday off....

d33ps1x:
What exactly is it and what does it do? Serious question. The website doesn't really say much either...except a whole lot about Electric Lettuce...
Same question from me... I missed last year's but want to go this year. I'd like to do the drift on the Lillie but need a buddy...

1. Cheap charters running to the Lillie Parsons - last year they intended to run three or four boatloads at $10 a head and as I recall ended up running many many more boats than that.

2. Electric Lettuce is a cool band. Cross between Rock and blues if I had to identify it.

3. Discover Scuba "classes" run, and I believe they were letting people try out kayaks last year too. This year you can earn a Drift Diver PADI specialty booked through the festival.

4. Used gear Swap 'n' Shop. Last year's wasn't that well attended because the "vendors" would rather be out diving instead of manning their tables.... go figure

5. Dive shops and charter companies all set up displays. Some were offering "festival specials" - discounts on gear, trips, classes, or even in-house draws for prizes.

6. BBQ food and cold drinks sold by the canteen all day.

7. Kids' underwater treasure hunt - they tossed colored markers in the water near the beach and the kids got to snorkel for them. Some/all of the markers corresponded to prizes.

8. Someone told me a rumor about a "discover rebreathers" thing for this year but AFAIK it may be only rumor.

Admission I believe was around $3 to just the event, and another $10 for the Lillie charter.

So to answer the question, essentially it's kind of a trade show for and about diving. Keep in mind this is only their second year running it, which explains why the website isn't all that helpful and the "word" hasn't got out real well.

Doesn't she always say a "little" more??? :p

d33ps1x:
Great answer. I think they'd be better off having you do their website's informational content as you told us more in those few lines of text then that whole webpage did. :D

Thanks Larrissa
LOL

Thanks!

So who else is going? Trust me when I say that even as a non-certified (at the time) freediver type, I had a blast. Never a dull moment. Plus it turns pretty quickly into a social affair........ I left before the party had wound down and was sorry to go.

I forgot to mention:

9. There was also a beer garden on site.

Back
Top Bottom