SCUBA PRO MK 17 260 OR MK 17 620 TI ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pete at my dive shop adjusted them for me. He is a Scuba pro tech...so I am guessing he adjusted them to factory standards. I have been reading about Reg Tunes in another post and I am gonna educate myself in that department..... Love this forum plenty of good info!!!

Pete at my dive shop adjusted them for me. He is a Scuba pro tech...so I am guessing he adjusted them to factory standards. I have been reading about Reg Tunes in another post and I am gonna educate myself in that department..... Love this forum plenty of good info!!!

If you wants manuals etc just message me.

It may well have been down to their tune but I've tried the A700 a couple of times and was not impressed personally. The G260 is a wonderful second stage. Having said that, out of the box they weren't too special, one was cracking at 1.6" IIRC, so I guess could well be tune.

Do you know what your A700 is cracking at? Post back with your impressions. Have fun.

Yeah, I am pretty sure the A700 can be tuned to be very close to the G260. I would expect it to be at least on par with the S620Ti. But, as I said, I found the G260 to breathe just a little nicer than the S620Ti (or any other reg I have tried except my Atomics), so I would not be surprised if the G260 does still have a little bit of an edge over a well-tuned A700. I can't help but think that the larger reg body/chamber volume of the G260 is what gives it that little bit of sweetness.

There are a couple of reasons I don't care to own an A700, but I would not expect performance to be added to my list, were I to get a chance to actually dive one. Can't remove the faceplate without tools, and the body is metal but it's very thin, so it's still a bit fragile and it is SUPER expensive to replace ($200 vs $20 for a G260 body). Those two reasons are enough to keep it off my Christmas list.

Yeah, I am pretty sure the A700 can be tuned to be very close to the G260. I would expect it to be at least on par with the S620Ti. But, as I said, I found the G260 to breathe just a little nicer than the S620Ti (or any other reg I have tried except my Atomics), so I would not be surprised if the G260 does still have a little bit of an edge over a well-tuned A700. I can't help but think that the larger reg body/chamber volume of the G260 is what gives it that little bit of sweetness.

There are a couple of reasons I don't care to own an A700, but I would not expect performance to be added to my list, were I to get a chance to actually dive one. Can't remove the faceplate without tools, and the body is metal but it's very thin, so it's still a bit fragile and it is SUPER expensive to replace ($200 vs $20 for a G260 body). Those two reasons are enough to keep it off my Christmas list.

Agree on all points.

Agree on all points.
Except internal volume is nearly the same if not exactly the same. Given the same springs I don’t think one can be tuned tuned to a measurable difference over the other, the greater advantage of the G260 is the seat saver function but the 260 does seem easier to tune.

Interestingly the A700 and later G250V use .218 springs but earlier G250V and G250 use .216 springs. Ive used both, perhaps unsurprisingly I can tell no visual, tactile or in use, zero difference.

Except internal volume is nearly the same if not exactly the same. Given the same springs I don’t think one can be tuned tuned to a measurable difference over the other, the greater advantage of the G260 is the seat saver function but the 260 does seem easier to tune.

Interesting. Is it my imagination or does the G260 not look physically larger than the A700? Where does that extra space go? Are the diaphragms the same size, too? Is the G260 just bulkier because it uses thick plastic and polycarbonate, instead of thin metal?

Interesting. Is it my imagination or does the G260 not look physically larger than the A700? Where does that extra space go? Are the diaphragms the same size, too? Is the G260 just bulkier because it uses thick plastic and polycarbonate, instead of thin metal?
I think the internal volume has more to do with the diaphragm shape, the 600/700 etc have a long shape compared to the flatter shape of the “G” series, I haven’t messed with a 700 to test volume but the brass should take up far less space for the given strength.

I pulled 2 dives yesterday on my 260 MK17 and I can say this without a doubt. It breaths better than my 700.....With that being said I am headed out to my LDS to get my 700 tuned Today......I am running my 700 wide open and 260 was run at about or a little over half wide open and it outperformed the A700... I think something is off with my A700 MK17 setup....making a noise in the first stage on inhale....The other mk 17 does not do that...

Back
Top Bottom