Scuba Radio???????????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Scuba Radio hasn't posted a new podcast since mid May and the site seems to be down, at least it was today when I checked. Anyone know if something has happened to the host??

TIA

Mark

Greg went to the Scuba Show in L.A. and then left for Fiji for two weeks so I assume he hasn't had time to upload the podcasts. Keep checking. I'm sure they will be back up soon with a taped broadcasts from the Scuba Show in Los Angeles and then the two podcasts from Fiji.

I was on the site today, seemed to be working fine when I used it. I hope things are ok, although they don't have a whole lot of scuba related content I still find them amusing.

Looks like the podcasts for the last two weeks are finally available as of this morning...

:D

I would agree that the schtik gets old, but it seems he's about the only game in town, since Pod Diver Radio hasn't done a new podcast in almost two months... I miss Joe and Rachel..

I just saw Joe a couple of weeks ago and he has a "ton" of material ready to go. He was going to start putting out podcasts every couple of weeks. He did an interview with me regarding the PFO study I'm doing with DAN and he said it wouldn't probably air for a couple of months to give him time to get through everything he already has.

Ya know I do get tired of Scuba Radio but I find myself listening and have turned a lot of people onto it. Here in Alpena our local AM station carries it and after a morning of diving the wrecks of Thunder Bay it gives divers something to listen to while winding down. I tell people that are on the boats that I DM on about it. The DAN stuff is great! Yes the warm water stuff gets tiring but it pays the bills for the guys. I am sure if the local operators gave away trips to the SR staff they too would get coverage. But then they would have to pick DUI up as a sponsor and I doubt we would see any mermaids in our waters?!?!?

I have even been in the grocery store parking lot and had people (non-divers) ask what I was listening to. It helps interest non-divers to understand why Alpena gets invaded by the folks every weekend.

It is only unfortunate that our local station only carries one hour of the program, but one hour is better than nothing at all! I wouldn't mind picking up some SR garb to promote them. I know our local underwater preserve does any chance they get. Something to throw on the charter boats, a sticker even would help. But the non-diver public is who I really want to turn on to. Once I pulled into McD's and heard an older couple listening and neither ever dove, they just thought it was interesting.

Jeff

Jeff

It looks like there are Scuba Radio podcasts for 11/20/2010 and 11/6/2010. Is the 11/13/2010 available anywhere?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom