Scuba Rinse Station – Looking for Suggestions or Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of it depends on temperature, but water will get slimy very quickly once you've introduced marine organisms into it. If we leave stuff more than 24 hours, we just have to wash it all over again. I've thought about algaecide, but have no idea what its effect on dive gear would be, so I just drain my tank.

If you want to get fancy, use PVC pipes with a no heat hairdryer... just drill random holes in the PVC to allow venting inside wetsuits

I've seen some done with vaccum cleaner hoses with holes in them. much more flexible to route down arms and legs than PVC. These were connected to a PVC "manifold" which was connected to the hair dryer.

We use one of THESE.

rIi3c5Ss1XzGE6MalwI9CIWdUZkDBaH0j9wNLGNn7SLw2l-y6PE7omVuCYwGzsA1Ls32RIdp1-VMZtp2xxqCLczbOjffWScSP3yAv-GQu-Zu2hAV25iAWJwmd-mmLXwXBpTgpb4O1pubZW_r-H-A9biQ-AilpKtfQhI31No

as soon as a I get a garage again, I plan on getting that exact model. (but maybe 40 gallon or so.).

I've used one of those before and really liked it.

Tractor Supply Co has 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tanks, with a drain, for $70. Anyone know if they make a top to fit these?

cut plywood and put some 2x4 screwed under it to outline the inside of the rim?

halemanō;5496662:
Even though I no longer pee in my wetsuit ....

Liar... :D

If you add just a little bleach to the water, it prevents algae growth for a while. I do that now using a trash can for rinsing.

halemanō;5490007:
Kind of funny how the side bar advertisements work here; I now see a NexTag ad on some pages with three utility sinks, including the one I linked above. :idk:
Big Brother is [-]watching[/-] marketing to you. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom