Scuba Snobs Guide to Dive Et. Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone has a suggestion for the title to book 2, other than "The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette, Book 2" please private message me or email me at dennis@scubasnobs.com. If we use your idea, we will give you an acknowledgment and a free personalized and autographed book!
DivemasterDennis

How about "We found a great way to make our diving vacations tax deductable!"

Just read the book and enjoyed it a lot. Good casual reading with some important tips.

A couple of light criticisms - the first couple of chapters seemed a little snobby and had some subjective opinions presented in a factual manner. Also, you seem to emphasize not talking to bad divers about what's wrong or how to improve (i.e., avoiding conflict) UNLESS it's extremely excessive. While I agree that cases of bad diving are often minor and aren't worth a talk, in some cases, I like to talk to someone privately about what peeved me during the dive (emphasis on private). For example, that case with the diver who just ditched his buddy to go 50ft below him - eventually someone did confront him while he was raging at you, and I think that was necessary.

I thought most of the book was very helpful. Some people just don't know or have the necessary social etiquette or dive etiquette. Maybe they weren't taught or just don't care. I think most divers would do well reading the book. A little short, though. Write more!

Possible title: "The Little Book of Scuba Diving Etiquette" or "Diving Manners: Etiquette Essentials for Success in Scuba Diving."

Divemaster Dennis was great to send me an autographed copy with some stickers. Took me a couple days to get to reading it..

I thought it was a cute "tongue in cheek " view of diving and the diving culture. I find many people I have encountered and a lot of people that post on here, could easily consider themselves Scuba Snobs
It has quite a few personal anecdotes, and it had me chuckling at quite a few parts.

I enjoyed reading this short book, and I think more books need to have follow up quizzes at the end.

Thanks Divemaster D for the copy!!

Just downloaded the Nook version last night. As a new diver, I found it very educational. My one complaint is that after about half way through it I had to stop reading because my eyes were watering and my ribs hurt from laughing so hard. Educational and entertaining is a rare combination. :thumb:

I had read some of the negative reviews in different places on line. All I can say about those people is, they either have no understanding of sarcasm, or, they're the people you are writing about!

For those of you in the Denver area, we will be at the Colorado Dive Show in late September, with plenty of copies each book on hand at special rates. Stop in and say hi, and if you already have the books- bring them and we'll sign them anyway! For more details, check out coloradodiveshow.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom