Scuba Snobs Guide to Dive Et. Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone has a suggestion for the title to book 2, other than "The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette, Book 2" please private message me or email me at dennis@scubasnobs.com. If we use your idea, we will give you an acknowledgment and a free personalized and autographed book!
DivemasterDennis

Our friend Derek was on a Peter Hughes liveaboard recently and commented that The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette was on board. If you are on a liveaboard and the book is in their "library," please let me know by private message or post it here!
DivemasterDennis

from Amazon Canada, a helpful review:
By
Fred -This review is from: The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Ettiquette (Paperback)

This book is a quick and pleasant read with important information for all new divers and perhaps some good reminders for the veterans. We have all been taught and continue to work on our diving techniques, but no one else so clearly teaches the social conventions associated with scuba diving. Many, if not most of the book's lessons can be generalized under the heading of "Practice Good Manners". However, the authors deal with some "rules" for situations that Dear Abby would never have covered. The authors provide useful thoughts, often illustrated by humourous anecdotes, on such matters as avoiding underwater crowding, expected behaviour on dive boats, and a host of other situaions. Staying slightly above and behind other divers is a great tip. My only criticism of the book is that it is too short in length. I await the sequel and hope it is loaded with more anecdotes. People can be boorish anywhere. A crowded diveboat and an underwater group dive both provide great opportunities for the most humourous examples of poor behaviour. After reading this book, hopefully divers will have a little more incentive to keep in mind that diving is usually a shared experience. We should all be dive snobs if it means taking that little bit of extra care for each other. For those who refuse, they should be prepared to read about themselves as the dive snobs expose their boorishness in the next volume.

Recently posted review on amazon.ca. (Canada)

This book is a quick and pleasant read with important information for all new divers and perhaps some good reminders for the veterans. We have all been taught and continue to work on our diving techniques, but no one else so clearly teaches the social conventions associated with scuba diving. Many, if not most of the book's lessons can be generalized under the heading of "Practice Good Manners". However, the authors deal with some "rules" for situations that Dear Abby would never have covered. The authors provide useful thoughts, often illustrated by humourous anecdotes, on such matters as avoiding underwater crowding, expected behaviour on dive boats, and a host of other situaions. Staying slightly above and behind other divers is a great tip. My only criticism of the book is that it is too short in length. I await the sequel and hope it is loaded with more anecdotes. People can be boorish anywhere. A crowded diveboat and an underwater group dive both provide great opportunities for the most humourous examples of poor behaviour. After reading this book, hopefully divers will have a little more incentive to keep in mind that diving is usually a shared experience. We should all be dive snobs if it means taking that little bit of extra care for each other. For those who refuse, they should be prepared to read about themselves as the dive snobs expose their boorishness in the next volume.

Not to be too commercial here, but in cotrast to the price some of you have had to pay for single copies, We have a limited supply of the books now here at the office. If you want to save a few dollars, you can call (303-880-3774) or email your number and we will call you ( dennis@scubasnobs.com ) and we will send you books, all shipping and tax included, for $11.00 each. We can take you Visa or MC over the phone only. Just want to be of service.
DivemasterDennis

I broke down and got mine ordered. Debbie made it fast and easy. I look forward to reading the book and having some smiles/laughs.

I'd like to order it, but for my Kobo. Unfortunately the Kindle version is in a format that only the Kindle will read. Do you offer it in the .epub standard? I checked the Kobo store, and it's not in there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom