Scuba Tank Boot Hook Point Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
nikolay_zhelev

nikolay_zhelev

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me what is the real purpose of the red circled part shown on the picture below?

All I see is entanglement point.

All the best!

Attachments

• IMG_9398.jpg
    IMG_9398.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 41
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me what is the real purpose of the red circled part shown on the picture below?

All I see is entanglement point.

All the best!
For the pull rod on a J valve.
If you're not familiar, J valves predate affordable SPGs, and have a lever to activate an approximately 400 psi reserve... The pull rod for the lever runs down the left side of the tank. Dive till it the reg starts breathing hard, pull the reserve, and have 400 psi to surface.

Respectfully,

James

Holder (clip) for J-valve pull rod.

I have never seen a J-valve pull rod long enough to reach a boot. Most divers can't comfortably reach the boot.

What was the source of this image? Is this boot currently in production?

I have never seen a J-valve pull rod long enough to reach a boot. Most divers can't comfortably reach the boot.

What was the source of this image? Is this boot currently in production?
Depends on the tank, doesn't it?

Technically yes but I have never seen a J-valve on a tank that short. It's hard to imagine someone adding that hook to a boot for such a rare configuration.
I don't remember how our j-rods used to be attached...what kept them from flopping around?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom