Scubaboard Invades The 1000 Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My lds will rent larger tanks but they have a limited selection but I am sure we can find large tanks for rentals
I'm rater new to diving having done 14 dives since certification, over 2 trips, in the past 6 months.
All the diving I've done was vacation diving, in the caribbean.
Would 100 cu/ft (or anything with more volume the a standard AL80) tanks be available?

re: American

Nice dive, but air management is extremely crucial. The wreck lies out in the shipping channel, with the mooring on the ledge outside the channel it was doing the blasting work on when it had its problems. You do not want to be running short on gas for the swim back. Also, being on the wreck when a freighter passes can cause the vis to go to nothing, and the wash from the props can be crazy.

When everything goes right, it's a very cool dive.

@gcarter - the Vickery - DO IT!!!!! Dropping off the back of it, you can get below it and are blocked from the current. Looking back up at it on a sunny day is just AMAZING!!!!!

True 'nuff, as an air hog myself there is a reason I dive HP117s and not AL80s. I can sometimes forget the limitations the AL80s caused me.

Tbh there aren't many people I dive with that dive single al 80s I'm setting up a pair of double 108lps and on 2 tank dives I will bring along my hp 117 and top up my doubles with a transfer whip

True 'nuff, as an air hog myself there is a reason I dive HP117s and not AL80s. I can sometimes forget the limitations the AL80s caused me.

Tbh there aren't many people I dive with that dive single al 80s I'm setting up a pair of double 108lps and on 2 tank dives I will bring along my hp 117 and top up my doubles with a transfer whip

The Hollis Explorer is one of the best selling rebreathers on the market for exactly this reason.

Too much task loading for my comfort.

There's a fundamentals instructor in the 1000 island area that can help with that :)

My smile for the day, thanks :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom