Scubaboard Invades The 1000 Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are these all tech dives? I don't have my AOW, just OW, but I may be interested if I can do the dives.

Are these all tech dives? I don't have my AOW, just OW, but I may be interested if I can do the dives.
The depest part of the keystorm is aow the shallows part where the wheel house can be done with just ow
Most dives require just ow but their is a current so it depends on your experience

I don't spend that much time on the PC, my friend. I start CCR training tomorrow (Scuba Force SF2) and will have a new student this Thursday. I dive a lot, but that's a long drive to dive.

I was just kidding around we would love to have you come up north and report what you thought of us northerners and our diving conditions
That being said I don't think I would ever want to train on ccr and caves scare the living beJesus out of me

Of the dives listed, I haven't done the Vickery or the Kinghorn.

For OW, Gaskin, Lillie Parsons, Keystorm, American, no problem, with the Robert Gaskin being the easiest. You would need to buddy with someone who was willing to stay within your limits. The Lillie can go deep, and the long drift from the Lille requires depth and good air consumption, although there is plenty to see shallow and the short drift should be ok for you. The Keystorm can take you deep, but it is also on a slope and so can be done as an OW dive. The America is OK as well.

Both the Muscallonge and Daryaw are deep. The Daryaw is also high current and dark.

One thing that might be considered for some of the more challenging dives is to have alternates set up for those days. The Connestoga, Rothesay, Galop Cannel drift, Lock 23 drift, are all good shore dives that could serve as an aletrnate - and have the benefit of being lower cost as they are shore dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom